Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the retaining fastener at the top of the hood strut? I have tried pushing, pulling, pliers, screw driver. Is there a trick to releasing it?

Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,080 Posts
have you tried a search top right? a couple of threads show how. otherwise, wait for someone to jump in

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver and push it back. The top retaining clip has a circle hole in the middle and squeezes at the end so when the hole fits the groove on the hood strut it won't slip. Or may be the 98 is different? which I don't think so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
replace hood strut

You gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver and push it back. The top retaining clip has a circle hole in the middle and squeezes at the end so when the hole fits the groove on the hood strut it won't slip. Or may be the 98 is different? which I don't think so.
Thanks, I'll try it and let you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replace hood strut

Worked perfectly! Thank you, thank you!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Glad I was of help ;-)
Jeff, I came up with the pdf DIY on how to replace the hood damper the other day but can't remember where... I have the PDF though. Do you think we can post it in our diy section?!

·
98,080 Posts
sure but it has to be attached to a post obviously, so make a title and thread and attach it there

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
sure but it has to be attached to a post obviously, so make a title and thread and attach it there
the problem is I reached my 10 mb attachment limit :-( can I send it to you and you create a diy thread? :)

·
98,080 Posts
will pm you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.