Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an SLK 230 without a front License Plate Bracket, I have bought one at the local mercedes dealer and plan on installing it myself.
anyone have and do's and don'ts when Installing this??

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dont do it... Oh Vaginia you got to, ax Dan and Bazzle,,,, poor front end...:fart: :fart: :hb: :hb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:soap: The law would not like a missing front plate!!, I wish I didn't have to have one, but those are the rules!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Easy now, Im jus tryin to help, lets leave my family outta this... ;) ;) ;) But, that is a guud one...:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
There really isn't much to it. There are 2 clips at the bottom of the bracket that insert into the air dam. Then just drive a couple of (ouch) self tapping screws into the indented holes in each of the upper corners of the bracket. Then you can just mount the plate right to the bracket.

I had to put a euro bracket on mine. If I ship this back to the States, I'll have to do some hole patching and repainting. :( My wife suggested I just leave the euro bracket and plate on the front if we end up somewhere that doesn't require a front plate...we'll see when the time comes. Who knows, I may end up with a brand new designo Kupfer (copper in German).

BTW...anyone need a US spec front bracket? It's brand new, I bought it before I found out I had to have euro spec bracket.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Front plate is a necessary evil here also --- I just look at it as a blemish on an otherwise perfect looking body
Well shoot! I got those...on my car too. :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.