Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 90,000 miles on my way home from work this morning!! WOOHOO!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, that's 10 times as many as is on mine now. However, I do have well over 100k on one of my motorcycles. With more good weather starting today, I plan on getting some topless time this week!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
You're in Germany now so you will have to convert that to kilometres for us.

I assume based on your mileage and location in the US when you were here that this was pretty much a daily driver year round. Based on your amount of miles and experience, what do you recommend in regards to maint for getting that far without major problems? I plan to try and get 200K miles on any car I now own. (I have 253K on my 97 Accord, had 275K on my 87 Nissan Sentra, and over 200k on an Acura Accord before I got rid of it. These were mostly highway miles as I lived 60 miles from work.)

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're in Germany now so you will have to convert that to kilometres for us.

I assume based on your mileage and location in the US when you were here that this was pretty much a daily driver year round. Based on your amount of miles and experience, what do you recommend in regards to maint for getting that far without major problems? I plan to try and get 200K miles on any car I now own. (I have 253K on my 97 Accord, had 275K on my 87 Nissan Sentra, and over 200k on an Acura Accord before I got rid of it. These were mostly highway miles as I lived 60 miles from work.)
144.840 km

I did not buy the car new, it had 70,400 miles when I bought it in Dec '05. I can't vouch for the maintenance up until that time, but given the condition, I would say it was well maintained and I've just kept with regular maintenance intervals (A & B).

Yes, it has been a daily driver since I bought it. That was the intented use from the beginning.

Thats a lot of driving!!!!!
= Lots of fun!!!!!! :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations Kevin. :tu: Enjoy the autobahn.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Congrats on that!!!!:bannana:

100K just around the corner for you!:biglaugh:

SLKman:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.