Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Saturday, September 9th, there will be an all-Mercedes event at the Mercedes Benz Learning & Performance - West in Long Beach, CA. Bring your car and look at what others have brought, join raffle and win fabulous prizes! :D

More information is at mbexklusiv.com (links to Facebook)

Anyone else interested in going from the broader SoCal area? I'll see you there!

Attachments

·
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to this event today along with my wife. We left San Diego around 7:30am and got to Long Beach without much in the way of traffic. On the way - as is typical of Southern California weekends - we encountered various other car groups gathering while driving on the freeways. There was a huge Mustang group on I-5. As we got closer to Long Beach, we were passed by several modified AMGs of various ilk that were clearly also on their way to the meet.

The meet was held at the Learning and Performance & Vehicle Prep Center which is basically where Mercedes sends all their technicians for training, as well as where all cars coming in by boat at Long Beach harbor end up prepped for further dispatch to the various dealerships around the West.

Once we got inside, the parking lot was already almost completely full. I don't know what the official tally is, but if this event is happening again next year, they should probably open up more of the event space.

I took over 200 pictures and it's tough to include a good cross-section of all the cars that were there. All the new benzes, but also plenty of the classics were represented. Here in no particular order are some of the highlights.

A couple of GTs:

A glorious SL300. There were several amazing classics at this show. I can't include a picture of each, but it felt a bit like a mini-Monterrey-car-week:

The original Benz from 1897. This car was running laps around the show parking lot several times during the event. Amazing piece of history:

The mighty SLR, which inspired the R171 nose of course!

Speaking off. Here is my humble 55 :D The only R171 in the show except for a brief appearnce by a Benzworks modified 55 which I didn't get a picture of because it was leaving just as we were getting back from lunch. Boo!

Various MB clubs showed up in groups and were able to park together which is always cool for picture taking:

This was an interesting modification, adding gullwing doors to a car that didn't come with them:

Another SLK! One of only 2 other ones I spotted:

Attachments

·
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I officially love the yellow highlights all over this C63S and I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate something like this in my own car, although probably in red. The car also had yellow sticthing all over the interior and cross-stitch on the seats. Beautiful work:

The SLS! There were several of these at the event. Amazing car..

The other R170 that I saw. This one had a very cheeky sticker on the rear window referring to the common stereotype about the SLK.

The main greeting area. The two-tone car is the heavily modified CLK55 owned by Roland Gotingo who was one of the event organizers.

Some more groups:

Amazing.

Very "SoCal":

Attachments

·
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a couple more!

We were part of the little pack of cars that left together with this guy mixed in. Crazy modified SL with brutally loud exhaust.

Monster S class lowered Cali style:

Another GT:

This guy was doing drawings of several of the cars at the show in the style of concept sketches. Really cool to watch this very talented guy doing his art:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts