Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on... I posted this in another tread but there wasn't any activity for a while.

Blown #8 fuse (antenna booster). Replaced it new fuse blew instantly... every time I put a new one in.

Please help!

Thank you

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
yes, always better to start a new thread than to have your question 'buried' at the bottom of an old thread.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Master Seargant.

Everything seems to point to a possible short but solutions to this have not really shown up on what I've read.
I'll continue to search and check back in on here.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,236 Posts
Thank you Master Seargant.

Everything seems to point to a possible short but solutions to this have not really shown up on what I've read.
I'll continue to search and check back in on here.
Unfortunately there are no simple solutions. If the fuse still blows with the amp disconnected then probably you got a damaged live wire somewhere that has a short to ground. So that means a search, not here but in your car...>:D

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
Yes, I tried to put in a new fuse both with the amp connected and disconnected. Same results OR it would blow after I locked then unlocked the doors with the fob.

Have you got an alarm system?
This is also protected by fuse number 8 and would be connected to the open/closing of the door locks!
Might be a good place to start looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.