Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/racing 2007/inport day/Movie.wmv

A vid of a Formula (used to own a '98 myself) a friend from our local club recently owned. It "only" ran bottom 10's when he had it though *L*. Car is still street driven occasionally. It's setup for a Drag Radial class and is looking to go 7s @ 175mph plus with everything dialed in on the drag radials.

Car dynoed ~1100RWHP off the wastegate spring. Should make ~1500RWHP when all is said and done on an iron block LS1 motor at 28 pounds of boost! The car makes so much power they need to gradually bring the boost on throughout the pass, which is why it launches on only 2lbs *L*.

I do miss my old Formula to a certain extent, and the basically unlimited number of mods/things you can do to those car for relatively (compared to MB) little cash.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
Awesome car! the video editing and music is nice too! interesting that it doesn't need a wheelie bar with that kind of power...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the drag radials they're not going to hook the way a true sticky tire will, so no worries about lifting the front end high enough to need the wheelie bars. The drag radial class only allow so much suspension changes too, so basically it's a stock suspension setup.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
Wow! stock?!?! it looks like those wheels protrude about a foot into the rear compartment, wouldn't it be affecting the rear springs and shocks on a stock car?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock style suspension - meaning the individual parts can be upgraded, but the origional mounting points and design are maintained. No way that piece of glass factory stock 10 bolt rear would hold up to that power! I went through 2 rear ends on my old Formula and it was making 400hp at best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.