Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I`ve been wondering for years if there is a software for the transmission to make such changes as:

1) Faster shifting, because I had experience with a BMW automatic (non-DCT) transmission where you can change the switching algorithms just by changing the software, it becomes noticeably faster and `sportier`.

2) Adding blips on downshifts, because when you are using paddles for downshifting it makes it too rough and jerky, I would like to have it smoother and more aggressive sounding.

Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,188 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
740 Posts
Agree with Jeff. There is speculation from some quarters that reset does not work but I can assure you it does. Did my reset about 6 weeks ago and the difference is obvious. Change up in sport even on part throttle waits till about 2800rpm. In fact there are times when I think I have left in in M. Great for twisty lanes where I live. Can't honestly say its improved the speed of change. Is it my imagination or is speed of gear change throttle position related. Since the mechanism is hydraulic and assuming the hydraulic pump runs at a higher pressure under full load, this may make sense? Some years ago I had an overdrive car which operated in this way. As for blips on downchange, I reckon anything along these lines would need the transmission ECU to be hooked into the engine ECU etc etc which may be too much to ask for on our cars. Then again, I'm no expert and I guess nothing is impossible given funds!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had local MB dealer to upgrade my 2007 SLK55 transmission software from factory original to an updated and latest version last summer.
I don't know the related version numbers. Cost was around 50 eur and took 30 mins.

Clear difference overall (not just reset) and especially when changing 2->1 that used to be a bit jerky when cold.
Strongly recommend this if applicable to your car.

Regarding rev matching, Weistec apparently does this for (some) 722.9 transmissions: http://weistec.com/all/s/s-63/2014-present-4matic-w222-m157-52/7229-mct-transmission/722-9-rev-matching-upgrade.html

There is a good old thread as well: http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/324065-tcu-software-update.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts