Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is probably a very dumb question but I've bought a 2007 SLK 280 but haven't collected it yet and I eager to kno all about it.

On the test drive I noticed that I shifted down manually but then came to a stop at roadworks, when I moved off the auto box didn't change up and I had to manually shift up. Did that manual shift up reset it to auto? It seemed to stay in auto after that but I was reluctant to experiment further. I'm sure this is explained in the manua but I don't have that either yet.

Cheers
Gromit

"You've got to be lucky sometimes"

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
were you in manual mode (button alongside the stick) or just pushed the stick to hold it in gear?

if the latter the gearbox will hold the gear as long as possible before shifting up (red-line)
if you press the stick briefly to the right or left it will change up or down 1 gear if you hold it over for longer it will drop the gear to the lowest possible and change up each time you hit the red line. holding to the right for a second or so moves it back into D mode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.