Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
345 Posts
I agree @Fraser1946 , that cruise/limiter stalk is all wrong, it has a green light on it to show ‘limiter’ but it is completely invisible to the driver behind the wheel. At least it work the ‘proper way’ with 1mph increments on press and 5mph on firmer press. Volvo have decided to go the opposite way and it is horrible to use.

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
41,448 Posts
Congratulations.

As with Trev, unless batteries are fully charged it can take up to 10 miles for our C to activate eco.
Or, for the wife to twig it has mysteriously been switched off.

·
*Registered
2016 SLK300
95 Posts
Finally who, at Mercedes-Benz put the cruise control/speed limiter on a stalk below the indicator stalk when there is space for it on the other side of the steering binnacle. In fact there is nothing on the right side of the steering binnacle at all. What an idiot !
I have wondered this to, usually the thought crosses my mind when I hit the right turn signal, when I intend increase my cruise speed.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
627 Posts
RE: cruise control. Interesting. Le Bête (2012) has the cruise control above the light stalk. My Lady's GLK 350 (2013) has it below. Since I use manual all the time and shift using my right hand on the shift lever (I don't use the paddles), I don't mind having both stalks on the left side.

I am mixed about which one should be on top, but tend to prefer the cruise control on top.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts