Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All and a Happy New Year.

I have been searching for information on the gearbox and associated electrics for the R170.
I have found a manual through Google that has all the information for a complete stripdown and overhaul for mechanical and electrical component repairs. Included is pin numbers and designations and wire colours etc. Its very detailed and informative.
If anybody needs any information please message me here and I will forward any information you require.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,062 Posts
Is that the MB '722.6' automatic transmission service guide? I too have this.

We need a members' only repository for these manuals and guides. Mods - Is there a chance of setting this up?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
A repository is a great idea, the clone site has one with A Lot of R170 documentation. OTOH there seems to be a certain reluctance to post anything from Merc beyond a page or two extract. Is it a Canadian thang ?

BTW there are two NAG-1 trannys, a small case and a large case. Does this manual cover both ? (I have one of each) and the shifter module ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
Yes

But we have links to owners n maintenance n comand manuals already
And tech manuals are wis n have to be paid for

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
My issue has always been that often when have a problem comes up on the road (particularly at National and State parks) where there is no Internet connection so need service and parts manuals preferably in .pdf format.

Fortunately have everything I need for my R170 but had to go to a Chrysler enthusiast's site (who-may-not-be-named) and eBay to obtain them.

Can understand having to bow to the east but frankly the EPC and WIS are a royal pain to use & need 50 GB of fast disk to access offline. A searchable .pdf is much nicer. From Chrysler I could buy a single CD for just the years and models needed & have .pdfs for all of my GM cars.

Just my opinion.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
It is what it is....Enjoy the ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.