Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6 tires that I need to sale for my SLK350 that I sold. Four (4) are brand new Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 that have never been used or mounted. Two (2) are 225/45 R17 and two (2) 245/40 R17. I then have two slightly used BFGoodrich g-Force Sport 245/40 ZR17. I only have two BFGoodrich because I got a flat in a front one and ruined it so I disposed of them both. I then got a great deal on a new set of tires and I did not want mismatched tires so I swapped them all out. The new Michelin set was another set that I had as a backup. Again I sold that SLK and they will not fit on my new SLK. I would prefer to sale them locally but I will ship if the price is right and YOU, the buyer, pay all shipping costs. I am in the upstate of South Carolina. I do not know shipping costs but you can use Greenville, 29601, as a reference point. Now, let’s negotiate! :Beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not familiar with the "HX" designation before the MXM4. . .does that make a difference or is the tire the same as just an MXM4?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not familiar with the "HX" designation before the MXM4. . .does that make a difference or is the tire the same as just an MXM4?
Sorry but I have no idea about that. Someone with Michelin just told me that these would work and I got a good deal on them. Then I sold the car before I needed them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The date of manufacture is the last of 4 numbers in an elongated oval on the sidewall.
The first two are the week of manufacture and the last two are the year.
You can Google this for pics if needed.

So do I understand that you bought these tires from a Michelin dealer? Curious that I never received notice that you had posted a response so I just Private Messaged you. . .
thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The date of manufacture is the last of 4 numbers in an elongated oval on the sidewall.
The first two are the week of manufacture and the last two are the year.
You can Google this for pics if needed.

So do I understand that you bought these tires from a Michelin dealer? Curious that I never received notice that you had posted a response so I just Private Messaged you. . .
thanks
Sorry, I forgot to come back to this forum and look again. (for some reason I do nto get email updates about this forum either) When I get back home around lunch time I will look for that code.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So do I understand that you bought these tires from a Michelin dealer?

The tires actually came from a family member that worked at the Michelin plant and could order them. Sometimes they had extra tires that they let go and they picked them up for me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I got it right. 45 week of 2007. They have been in a garage stored on there side for most of that time. Hope that helps and plus I learned something new!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.