Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Amazing. We are definately the "better than the rest" and "not like the rest" site. I love that we are this elite and unique.

So, who was lucky number 6K?????

·
Registered
138 Posts
The membership count has always been top notch on the site, we have always deleted unactivated members and ban spammers on first post

So I would say the membership count is true as possible

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When a new member registers they have to go through recaptcha which is all the crazy number and letters. Then they need a valid email address and have to respond to a link sent from SLKWorld. If they do not respond to the email then they are deleted. These measures are taken to ensure as much as possible that every member is a valid member.

Even with these steps sometimes an individual will register and immediately start spamming with their very first post. The spamming that we refer to is typically the 'cell phone' or other obvious pure solicitation efforts and not an owner or enthusiast who may have went into a grey area on this. Those type of spam attacks are a direct violation of the terms of service that everyone agrees to when they register. In that situation, we typically ban and delete to keep the integrity of the site.

If a current member post spam, we simply request that the spam be removed unless they would like to be a supporting sponsor of the site. The members have been great about this and we can't thank everyone enough for their support.

·
Registered
138 Posts
very well said Ken.

It does seem to be a never ending battle with the cell phone spammers, do people realy buy from them when they see these post? I know I would not but have wasted lots of time deleting them though along with the moderators

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.