Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in the car today enjoying some relatively quiet, fast, welsh B roads. I had the dash cam going and captured a short run following a bike. Didn't have the cam set to capture audio, so I've added Sky by Sonique as an audio track in homage to an old favourite e46 m3 Carfreaks nurburgring video.

The video ends as it drops back to a 40mph zone and I slow down to the speed limit. There was a comical moment that the camera didn't quite pick up towards the end when he did a double-take as he saw I was still behind him.

I got stuck behind a truck the other side of the 40 zone, but I saw the biker again a short while after. He'd obviously turned round and was coming back the other way at a crossroads - we both nodded and waved which I thought was a nice touch. I would have added that to the end of the video, but he was just out of the camera's field of view when he did it.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
For one used to driving on the right side of the road, it looks scary/nail-biting driving on the left hand side of the street.

Cool video.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This footage was taken using a cheap prestigio roadrunner 300 dash cam rather than the gopro+zoom h1 I used for the videos I posted yesterday.

I did post a thread about it a little while back:

http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/83618-prestigio-rr-300-dash-cam-tetrax-fix-magnetic-mount.html

I use the same mounts for the gopro

the prestigio does have a mic, but for dash cam purposes I always have it off as I've more often than not got a passenger (my wife) and don't really want to be recording our ramblings :)

added: I should have noted that the video quality has been mauled in both imovie, to get it down to a level where I could upload the video given the poor upload speed I have on the broadband connection here, and then youtube has given it a good kicking too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts