Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2007 slk 55 amg with sport package and have recently been reading about Kleeman Limited Slip Differentials. I do not want to make many modifications to the car, but Kleeman states that this one upgrade can reduce 0-60 times by as much as 0.3 seconds. The reason for this, is that is reduces the amount of wheel spin during hard acceleration and puts more of that power to use (on the pavement).
I was curious if anyone has this mod, what is the approximate cost, and does it interfer with the factory ESP?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I hope addicted 2 speed can chime in, because he has the PDF files for the prices and additional information.

He just had his SLK sent to have the Full Kleemann kit.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
I am the proud owner of a 2007 slk 55 amg with sport package and have recently been reading about Kleeman Limited Slip Differentials. I do not want to make many modifications to the car, but Kleeman states that this one upgrade can reduce 0-60 times by as much as 0.3 seconds. The reason for this, is that is reduces the amount of wheel spin during hard acceleration and puts more of that power to use (on the pavement).
I was curious if anyone has this mod, what is the approximate cost, and does it interfer with the factory ESP?
:confused: Reduce 0-60 times by as much as 0.3 seconds? Sorry to be negative, but 0.3 second reduction at what cost? I couldn't justify the thought. Congratulation on the 2007 SLK 55.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
:confused: Reduce 0-60 times by as much as 0.3 seconds? Sorry to be negative, but 0.3 second reduction at what cost? I couldn't justify the thought. Congratulation on the 2007 SLK 55.
That's 0-60 in 4.0 secs instead of 4.3, that's alot of bragging rights. :D and probably the cheapest mod for that type of increase at $1,500. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would these types of mods make the warranty null and void? If so, I think I'd rather keep it fully stock, to save big money and a headache if something went wrong.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
ECU would void the warranty with regards to your engine if you are caught, LSD would void the warranty on your brakes and driveline, Headers should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.