Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting a video from 5 SLKworld members driving through some canyons in Malibu on May 1 2010. A map, pics and longer videos are posted in the US California section of the Club and Regional Discussion Forum.

This video shows the cars at point H on the map and parts of the drive from point D to point E on the map.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Very nice :tu: Having been on the drive 2x, I can remember the g-forces when going around the corners. Sure wish to have the bends and twists memorized :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very nice :tu: Having been on the drive 2x, I can remember the g-forces when going around the corners. Sure wish to have the bends and twists memorized :)
Come enough times and you'll be reciting those turns off in your sleep. :)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Come enough times and you'll be reciting those turns off in your sleep. :)
If I'm not working ..... and receive permission from the Chief Operations Officer :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ya, THAT was a blast. I downloaded my pics last night but didn't get a chance to post them up. I'm probably the worlds worst at remembering to take pics. I always bring my camera, but usually come home with zilch. Wifey got a couple though.
I couldn't help but think I was going to come around a corner and see a cloud of dust. It must be the conservative side of me... which didn't win the battle that day. lol
I'm really happy with my tires. They stuck like glue all day and didn't once slide out.:tu: Suspension did a great job too. :tu: I can't say the same for the brakes though.:td:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking drive out. Did sound like you couldn't really nail though, seemed like you were stuck in 3rd gear with all the short straights??
Latigo Canyon Road is VERY twisty and the straight sections are pretty short. With my 5 speed auto, I was actually in 2nd most of the time. This wasn't the highest speed portion of the run, and, of course, we ALWAYS obey the posted speed limit. The fun of Latigo (besides the views) is cornering hard and getting a little speed between corners. Many of the corners are so tight you cannot maintain the posted limit through the corner, so one gets a good sensation of speed as a driver.

There are other roads nearby with longer straights between curves, and I have heard of scofflaws who exceed the posted limit of 40 MPH by a factor of 2X or more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts