Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45 miles over.. is that a bad thing?

$140 later..and online traffic school..thank god I drive the jeep like a grandmother because I could not afford it otherwise..

And by the way? I COMPLETELY blame every last person on this forum..

:butt: sun is out.. I have to drive..lol

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts
Congrats! and welcome to the club!!! (rookie)!!!

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,437 Posts
Ha! Only 45 over, and I thought you were actually speeding. LOL.
You should've been wearing your pink thingy!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,652 Posts
45 over? 70 plus 45 over here would have meant an obligatory court appearance and probablya licence suspension for 6 months or more. Start looking at £1000 ( $1500 ) fine.

The trick is to NOT get caught!!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
This is probably why "they" left the commonwealth! Yes, as stated above, here in Ontario 45mph over would be ~75kph over - car gone for a week, immediate license suspension, lots of points, insurance up...

My only question/hope, is that it was on a divided highway and not on a street...

Naughty naughty girl... R) :flag:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It didn't help that I cut him off to begin with ... I wasn't paying attention..AT all lol. Usually I can see fuzz a mile a way. Thanks to my spotless driving history, I pay the fine, I perform an online driving school class and it won't go on my record. We're on a 3 strikes your out rule here.

You drive it like you stole it people are going to be a BAD BAD influence on me..

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Did you give the officer the old story "gee officer, it's a brand new car to me and I didn't realize how fast I was going........" and he didn't buy that? I guess 45 over is quite a lot. If you were driving on a free way marked 65 mph limit, that means you would have been going 110 mph, or in a residential area marked at 25 mph that means you would have been doing 70 mph.......... sweetie, that's pretty fast.

So tell us, what was the actual speed you were driving?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts
Mary Kay got a ticket when she got hers also!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't we have a ticket kitty enforce here to pay for these nonsensical acts of law enforcement jealousy?

Just remember Chicago people, the next pot hole you see fixed, was thanks to me! Onto the next...SO worth it lol!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
avoidense

Welcome to the world of city cops looking for free money! (honey).
If you continue to push the envelope, you might consider a Valentine 1. Although 45 over could be spotted by a blind ass.
Best Wishes, and do be careful.
willy

·
Registered
91 Posts
speed limiter

Just incase i get blamed again....check and see if your model has a speed limiter on the cruise control stalk.....at least until you get used to the car ,it could be a licence saver......

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:hb: There wasn't much to tell.. I cut him off doing 100 in a 55 on the highway. I was going with the flow of traffic..ish.. I guess I'll figure out cruise control next..such a bother ..HA!

got it!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't think getting a ticket for driving 45 m.p.h. over the speed limit is anything to brag about. It's just not responsible driving and could lead to someone else getting injured or even killed.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,218 Posts
Mary Kay got a ticket when she got hers also!
$140.00 ticket...mine was $270.00 +- for going 23 over! Ruined my day at the mall! :( That'll wipe the SLK smirk right off one's face.

Keep in mind that 'sports cars' are a target for the cops...on I95 about 5 or 6 cars (one was a SLK) zoomed around me, a state trooper sat just over a rise...the ONLY car that got pulled over was...yup, the SLK and he wasn't even in the lead!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol

Gmon-you most certainly would :D

Lew-you cannot rain on my parade dear-im a benz owner and the ticket thread was for pure humor purposes. Although I guess if you like lecturing people you're in the right place to do so. None the less, I didn't get one today.. perhaps I've slowed down ;)

Rhart your day is coming baby! lol

Simply im sorry to hear it, that would have killed my shopping buzz too!

All it takes is one ticket people, this gets really expensive really quickly lol..

/shifting back into cruise mode :rockon:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.