Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute decision...I may be in LA at sister-in-law's house. Wife just wants to relax and BBQ by pool for a few days. BLAH :biglaugh: I can do that here in Texas.:)

Any suggestions...SLK events or other entertainment suggestions.

Fri-Sat, 14th-15th, this weekend pretty much open.

Thanks!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Last minute decision...I may be in LA at sister-in-law's house. Wife just wants to relax and BBQ by pool for a few days. BLAH :biglaugh: I can do that here in Texas.:)

Thanks!
Hmm, I might be up for some driving, or were you asking in general about entertainment options in LA?. I'm guessing you won't have an SLK to join on any drive. What are you going to be driving this weekend? Have you seen some of the video from the drives we've done in the Malibu area?

Anyone from the LA crew available this weekend?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I am working Friday, the 14th. I may be able to scrape some time on Saturday, the 15th, depending on what is planned, with permission of course from the Minister of the Interior :)

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
In a remarkable coincidence, I will be on a layover at the Ayres Hotel in Santa Anna, across from John Wayne. No car, but I could probably get to a nearby restaurant. We get in around 1pm on the 14th, and leave the next morning...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

Thanks!
Universal Studios? PM SantaMonicaSLK32 or Bleen.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep. we'll be flying in thurs and out sunday.
no specific plans so we will be playing it by ear.

well be in beverly hills area on highland ave.
thanks for all your ideas.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, I might be up for some driving, or were you asking in general about entertainment options in LA?. I'm guessing you won't have an SLK to join on any drive. What are you going to be driving this weekend? Have you seen some of the video from the drives we've done in the Malibu area?

Anyone from the LA crew available this weekend?
My son who works for Hertz, wants to rent a vette, $100 a day, but 2 seats won't work for the 4 of us.:(
I may talk my Brother-in-law into driving his Nascar caddy if anyone wants to meet Fri or Sat.:hail: I don't know all the specifics of the car but it is a MONSTER! Crazy Fast!

I think John Wayne airport is about 50 miles from us per google. Is that too far or too trafficy of a drive? Plan a Fri night meet/drive and eat around ???? I'll let the California guys answer that one.:)

I'm up for pretty much anything. Just need someone to say...Let's meet at??? and lets do it. Fri or Sat is good for me.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I'm just passing through while working. Miami on Thursday night, Santa Anna on Friday, Palm Beach on Saturday, and back home Sunday morning...

I won't have a car, but if you guys feel like dropping by, just let me know. If it were me, I'd hit the more entertaining places, and we can meet at the next SLK get-together!

dj

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There is a GgUuNn show at the Ontario Convention Center Saturday and Sunday (15th & 16th). Ontario is 40 ish minutes from downtown LA. OR... if you like left turns, check out the NASCAR races at Irwindale speedway Saturday evening; Irwindale is 15-20 minutes from downtown LA. If you go to the races, root for my daughter's boyfriend in the #85 car (www.travisirving.com).

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey, almost missed this thread (I usually check the California forum). Glad I caught it.
I'm available this weekend, I'm up for a drive or whatever. I'm in Pasadena and I'd love to do Mt. Wilson! Haven't been there in forever.
Saturday could work. Anyone else up for this?

·
4,919 Posts
Hey, almost missed this thread (I usually check the California forum). Glad I caught it.
I'm available this weekend, I'm up for a drive or whatever. I'm in Pasadena and I'd love to do Mt. Wilson! Haven't been there in forever.
This thread is not converging very rapidly so far :). I was going to clay the SLK this Saturday, but if a drive is organized I'd probably just put it off by a week. The problem is that the distinguished guests don't have SLKs or any kind of car for that matter, except PropDr who is in San Diego, but who hasn't found this thread yet I think. Will be monitoring this thread tomorrow to see if something gels.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I, too, haven't been to Mount Wilson Observatory. If we set a time window and a place to meet, and then caravan to MWO, it may gel into something.

This thread is not converging very rapidly so far :). I was going to clay the SLK this Saturday, but if a drive is organized I'd probably just put it off by a week. The problem is that the distinguished guests don't have SLKs or any kind of car for that matter, except PropDr who is in San Diego, but who hasn't found this thread yet I think. Will be monitoring this thread tomorrow to see if something gels.
I was planning on washing the car after service A today but will put off the wash for a meet-and-drive. Will be monitoring this thread for developments.

I wonder if Tslick, V8SLK, cyberdrakon, and others are free this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, I have a free seat on my car. ;-)
If that's not enough (which it probably isn't), I'd suggest renting a sports car... :D

I suggest meeting at the Vons/Starbucks parking lot at
7789 Foothill Boulevard, Tujunga, CA

Never been there but from the map it looks big enough. Otherwise, we could meet up at
Peet's parking lot at 3571 East Foothill Boulevard, Pasadena, CA (same place some of us met for the Malibu drive on December). Plenty of room, decent area.

May I suggest meeting up in the morning, at 10:00? Hope this is not too early for the people coming from afar.

Later, maybe we could stop for lunch at Newcomb's ranch (http://www.newcombsranch.com)

How does that sound?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm in Washington and Oregon from May 11th to May 20th, otherwise I would be up for getting together.

Have fun with whatever get together you guys decide on, and please post lots of pics!

·
4,919 Posts
Well, I have a free seat on my car. ;-)
If that's not enough (which it probably isn't), I'd suggest renting a sports car... :D

I suggest meeting at the Vons/Starbucks parking lot at
7789 Foothill Boulevard, Tujunga, CA

Never been there but from the map it looks big enough. Otherwise, we could meet up at
Peet's parking lot at 3571 East Foothill Boulevard, Pasadena, CA (same place some of us met for the Malibu drive on December). Plenty of room, decent area.

May I suggest meeting up in the morning, at 10:00? Hope this is not too early for the people coming from afar.

Later, maybe we could stop for lunch at Newcomb's ranch (http://www.newcombsranch.com)

How does that sound?
Still on the fence although this looks like a lot of fun. Looks like dmjonez would not be in for this, because I think he's only in SoCal on Friday night. Someone would have to pick up SLKman from Beverly Hills for this to work out (EDIT: Oh I see from older posts that he is looking at possibly getting his own transportation). Still haven't seen Prop Dr in this thread. I'll send him a PM to draw his attention. (EDIT2: Just heard back from Prop Dr, and he won't be able to make tomorrow's meet).

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow!
just left malibu speed zone. great go kart fun.
now at Gladstones Malibu on the beach eating seafood.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts