Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator Northern California US 06 SLK 280
10,316 Posts
I'm not sure but I think it may be caused by the friction caused by the timely joining of your sole and metallic objects stuck to your floorboard.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,462 Posts
I seem to have a strong smell of something burning and smoke from the rear of the car , I'll try and post a pic of the affected area to see if you guys can see anything I can't , I've no idea what it is though I suspect it's serious
For future reference (ie 1st November onwards)

Ride of The Month entries do NOT have to be static shots! :D

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,462 Posts
Your welcome to use it or do I need to put it forward ? I've got a couple more but they are much the same , smoky :smile:
November is the next contest, from the first.

Members have to enter their own car.

Have a look at Octobers entries (not the poll) and you'll get the idea.

http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/387250-october-2016-slkworld-com-ride-month-competition.html

Too late to enter that one.

But you can help decide the winner by voting here:
http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/390706-vote-here-october-2016-ride-month.html

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I think someone is not entirely satisfied with the factory-supplied tyres and want to burn/wear them fast so one can get the "proper" tyres.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perhaps he has an 'inflated' opinion, 'tired' & not 'treading' carefully to lose the 'Continental' look
No , just messing around in a car and enjoying it , roll on 14th August , I've got 2 evening sessions at the Nurburgring , I'll be able to report just how good or bad these cars are in September when I get back as I'm travelling to Dordogne then Biarritz after the ring .
I'm more interested in enjoying the car on the road than polishing a name plate on top of an engine >:D
If anyone's interested in joining us at the ring I'm there for a Monday and Tuesday evening tourist sessions , only 2 hours a session but it shouldn't be busy going off previous experience .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts