Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this little beauty in 2011 and I hopefully someone might be interested in the upgrades I made over the
past 4 years.

Upgraded:
Headlights to Halo Headlights
Front Grille
Lower Grilles
Rims to Chrome Rims
Fog lights upgraded to HID
Rear Taillights to LED Taillights
2 Windstrictors - One full length and One just middle off Ebay (hand etched palm trees)
Interior - made two tone (posted on site) and wood grain kit

Last 2 pictures were from 2011

Lanny

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi lannylord2000,

She looks fab! Great condition and very well looked after. I can see that!

May ask a couple of questions?

1. Is your car pre facelift? I don't see any wing mirror indicators, but I do see colour co-ordinated sills. Unless it's different in the States, my pre facefift doesn't have "body work" matching sills. Did you fit them after market? I like yours, they look really good.

2. Your windrestrictors - do you feel a difference between the full length one and the between the roll bars one? Thinking of getting one but kinda like the look of the between the roll bars one. Which one is better in your experience?

Thanks in advance,

Jo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jo,

I believe in US the indicator on mirrors came with 2001 and on and facelift, I think it was a few things but no indicators by what I read online. It is a sport model so came with bigger rims/wheels.
The full windrestrictor across is my choice between the two. Especially here in north Florida, cold in winter but when hot in summer the middle one allows more air flow. The full windstrictor is
definitely stronger (plus it attaches or hooks on behind seats) and only wind I feel is on top of my head but I am on 66 inches tall, lol!

Lanny

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
18 Posts
Looks very nice. Suggestion for your next upgrade, chrome wheels equals chrome roll bars. As I said before looks good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed Aftermarket Radio

I installed a power acoustik radio in my 2000 Mercedes SLK230 and surprised how nice it sounds. So far worth upgrading. I posted my installation on the thread Retro or OEM style Aftermarket Radio with pictures. Here is the radio after installation.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,218 Posts
Like the mods.

The middle deflector looks cool.

I'm just wondering what the full deflector looks like. The standard net does nothing for the rearview.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,218 Posts
Thanks Lanny.

Looks very smart.

Does the LED up light go off when your driving?
I'd expect it to be distracting otherwise. If so, did you link it to the interior courtesy lighting loom?
And finally, does the etching distract from the rear view mirror?

If so, I'll do something with the headrest spaces instead.
No doubt she will want "hers" behind the driver and "his" on the kerbside.
Or I might make logo smaller and lower down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The WindRestrictor is tied into the running lights and I can adjust the one knob for all the time and the other when the brake pedal is pushed.
No I haven't noticed too much distraction with the lights, a little but it is worth it.
The back rest or seat back is adjusted not to rub against the the full restrictor since it rubs if all the way back.

I ran my own lights on the smaller one since when I got it off ebay it had LEDs of one color. I use the strip LEDs, cut soldered and I added a 4 pin
connector so I can switch to either one quickly without mess.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
75 Posts
Looks great! I have cloudy headlights so I'm looking at something like what you've got there... where did you get them? and was it a pretty plug and play install?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jo,

I believe in US the indicator on mirrors came with 2001 and on and facelift, I think it was a few things but no indicators by what I read online. It is a sport model so came with bigger rims/wheels.
The full windrestrictor across is my choice between the two. Especially here in north Florida, cold in winter but when hot in summer the middle one allows more air flow. The full windstrictor is
definitely stronger (plus it attaches or hooks on behind seats) and only wind I feel is on top of my head but I am on 66 inches tall, lol!

Lanny
2 Windstrictors - One full length and One just middle off Ebay (hand etched palm trees)

Would you have a link to the Ebay Windrestrictor please, I may be interested. Thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lanny

Your car looks great. Curious to hear more about hour interior upgrades. Was this a DIY or did you shop it out? Tell us more.

Thanks,

Steve

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.