Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Latest edit 27/04/2019.

Last chance to book! 28/04/2019

There's still a small window of opportunity to park your SLK or SLC
with us on the Melbourne hairpin at Donington next weekend!
For details please PM me (Col) or respond to the thread.​

Edit by Avel Du on behalf of @Col, who is now organising for you.

Had the pricing for Donington Historic Festival!

Individual days are priced as follows:

Friday May 3rd is £5 per person
Saturday 4th is £12.50 per person
Sunday 5th is also £12.50 per person

A weekend pass for all three days is £20!

We have display space pre-allocated for up to 25 cars each day of the event.

Please get in touch if interested.

I (Col) will provide booking instructions and the discount code you need by private message/email.

Attending:-

Friday.

55russamg (maybe) R171 SLK55 AMG
ZeroZero (maybe) R171 SLK55 AMG
dbgrn (maybe) R171 SLK55 AMG
DPA (maybe) R172 SLK250 CDI AMG
Russ1 R172 SLK55 AMG

Saturday.

Col R172 SLK55 AMG
55russamg R171 SLK55 AMG
ZeroZero R171 SLK55 AMG
dbgrn R171 SLK55 AMG
ANG55AMG R171 SLK55 AMG
DPA R172 SLK250 CDI AMG
GaryLaird R170 SLK230K
tmonkeyuk R171 SLK350
stu32 R170 SLK32 AMG
keybaud R172 SLK55 AMG
JazzanovaSlk R171 SLK350
Russ1 R172 SLK55 AMG
TomH R172 SLC250 CDI AMG
hedgehog

Sunday.

Col R172 SLK55 AMG
MartinatMersea R172 SLK55 AMG
55russamg R171 SLK55 AMG
Jules555 R172 SLK250 CDI AMG
ZeroZero R171 SLK55 AMG
Carspito55 R172 SLK55 AMG
DPA R172 SLK250 CDI AMG
GaryLaird R170 SLK230K
Trev5 & Carole R172 SLC43 AMG
tmonkeyuk R171 SLK350
stu32 R170 SLK32 AMG
keybaud R172 SLK55 AMG
Russ1 R172 SLK55 AMG
[Edit by Avel Du] - As the chaps are considering a stand, they need to know how much interest there is. This is to assist making any arrangements with organisers at Donington. [/Edit]

Just thought this may be of interest as an event to attend, it is similar to the Silverstone Classic. It is a three day event with tickets starting from £35 for the earlybird tickets (only until 31-01-19) thereafter they go up to £40.

https://www.facebook.com/events/813139189018486/842576782741393/?notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity¬if_id=1548149115363546

Russ

Interested:-

savcom
KevD
Simon Cliffe

MartinatMersea (Sunday)

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Looks like an interesting event! I’d be up for attending this one I think. Is it a new event this year or has it been on previous years? Been thinking about Goodwood Revival also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like an interesting event! I’d be up for attending this one I think. Is it a new event this year or has it been on previous years? Been thinking about Goodwood Revival also.

Hi Col, it has been there before but I'm not sure how many years though. I have this penciled into my calendar already, they also have club display area's if we can get enough people interested.

Goodwood is is a fantastic event, I have been several times. It has got quite expensive for the full weekend tickets, plus you have to factor in accommodation which is double the cost for the revival weekend:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Hi Col, it has been there before but I'm not sure how many years though. I have this penciled into my calendar already, they also have club display area's if we can get enough people interested.

Goodwood is is a fantastic event, I have been several times. It has got quite expensive for the full weekend tickets, plus you have to factor in accommodation which is double the cost for the revival weekend:wink:
Do you know how to go about requesting a club stand? How many do you need as a minimum? I'm sure we could easily get the numbers. I assume club stand exhibitors still need a ticket for the event, or are there special arrangements?

Sorry for all the questions :smile:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how to go about requesting a club stand? How many do you need as a minimum? I'm sure we could easily get the numbers. I assume club stand exhibitors still need a ticket for the event, or are there special arrangements?

Sorry for all the questions :smile:
Hi Col,

Just had a quick look on the website, all the contact details are there. Discounts are available for clubs, I have also looked down the list of clubs attending and have found the Mercedes Benz club is attending. I am a member and haven't seen any info from them as of yet.

Link here; Donington Historic Festival Car Club Info - Donington Historic Festival

Russ:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Can't promise anything but I'd be interested in this - and at least that means three different SLK models would be involved.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Looking at the link it appears good discounts are to be had when registering for a club stand/space. It is essential that we register in this fashion. It also states that the application must be made by a "club official". Might be a bit of paperwork involved in setting this one up!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I can see it is all done online, then you will be contacted by the organizers to confirm the club can or can not attend. Simples, but as stated it needs to be someone from the club.

Registration page: https://shop.msv.com/Account/Login

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?

‘Car Club’ refers to organisations which have registered members, and which have been established to promote the benefits of ownership of a particular marque or individual model of car, or of a particular type of car (e.g. general classic cars). We would expect the club to have some sort of management structure in place and to operate some form of communicating regularly with its members, such as a website, forum, newsletter or magazine. The Festival organisers will review all applications, and reserve the right to refuse applications.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any thought on if this could be an SLKworld club event? I see the MBClub are now promoting this weekend so they are attending. Could go through them....

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's why Russ and Col are asking about interest.
They'd like to have an SLK stand.
Yes, but from what Im reading above there seems to be some doubt if we would qualify as a 'club', were supposed to have elected officers.....so something more formal than forum members.....or have we attended as a club before? Anyway I'd be up for going although probably just the first two days.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Let’s see if any of the “Midlands Massive” are interested in attending this event. If there’s enough take up I’ll see if I can organise a club stand for us.

Please indicate which day or days you could attend. The event is on from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th of May. I suspect Saturday or Sunday will be preferable but let’s see!

@55russamg
@dbgrn
@ANG55AMG
@KevD
@Jules555
@Simon cliffe
@devilman9050
@ZeroZero
@DPA
@BlanPrivate
@Carspito55

Maybe @DAVIETHESCAFF could be lured down for this one too?

·
Registered
846 Posts
SLKworld as such would not qualify as a participating club at Donnington. The club has to have a definite membership and be a recognised organization and have the required liability insurance to cover its members while attending the event (part of the membership fee). Also the discount/club booking code cannot be given out over an open forum or anybody could use it to book into the event. The Mercedes-Benz-Club have a system where you have to apply to the club secretary for the code and it is emailed to you. When you book you then are automatically booked onto the club stand. I guess the last bit is easy to sort out but the first bits aren't.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi All
Put me down Col for Saturday & let’s see how it plays out.

Cheers

Andy

1 - 20 of 225 Posts