Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking over the site and cannot find info on the standard system on the 350 ---- mine has the cats upfront then the pipes back to an X pipe then out to the mufflers located at the very rear just before the tips --- is this the stock arrangement ?

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Yes, I have pics of it somewhere on this site, two cats, straight into an x-pipe, then the dual exhaust tips, so it's stock arrangement.

edit:
found one pic towards the rear but I have another one showing the cat's, I think it's at benzworld.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Resonator (muffler) is located aft of the catalytic converters and X-pipe. It is visible on Ynot's photo to the right lower side of the photo.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Im soooo jealous, that zaust pipe system is purfict. Makes the car sound better too I bet. Me an Bubba is cipherin on my new system tonite. Bubba says luminum is the best so we bought two cases of Bud. After 2 six packs I realised Bubba waz right, now I think the stock muffler sounds perfict,,,,,, 2 cases Bud $30.00 zaust $2100.00, dang I saved $2070.00 an didn't even have to git tha bumper jack out. :biglaugh::biglaugh: Thanks Bubba, you are my hero(((((wonder what the car will sound like tomorrow,,,, probably be too loud after all that beer)))))) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Resonator (muffler) is located aft of the catalytic converters and X-pipe. It is visible on Ynot's photo to the right lower side of the photo.
is that the resonator? I was looking at the slk55 exhaust system, and there is an extra box b/w the cat and muffler, wut's the difference b/w that? and I see ppl cutting off that resonator b/w the cat and mufflers.

what happens if i de-cat the slk350? would it make a difference?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
There is a difference between the 55 and 350 exhaust. Resonators are used to get the right sound. The 350 has it OEM and don´t need one, the 55... ;)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I believe you´ll lose your warranty and you´ll win tickets from the police if they catch you.

D

·
0 Posts
You can't de-cat the 350 its OBDII will be in limp mode all the time and wont pass any emissions tests.

You could install sports-cats if you wanted but any mods would void the warranty.

On the 55 the resonator is the box roughly where Ynot's X pipe is

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
uh hhuh! i see now! thankss

so would it be any diff. if i de-cat it? would it haf loss or gain anything?
As mentioned before de-cat will not pass emissions, not a good idea, there are options, you can get free flowing sports cats on ebay for $95 each (link on mbworld in the SLK55 section), go to a muffler shop and get it welded along with a new x-pipe and quad tip mufflers, it should sound very good, not sure how much power increase/decrease, should run you about $800 USD. I thought about it but decided to go with something proven. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.