Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2000 slk 320
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been pootling about this weekend around the peak district(very slowly as the wife was a passenger)coming home and the engine diagnostic light came on:surprise:
on arriving home I got straight on the forum...seemed like the maf sensor was favourite,so watched the video for the 230,but when I looked under the bonnet,mine wasn't there.anyone know the location for the 320 v6?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
876 Posts
Mine's at the back of the engine in the middle. When you pull off the engine cover, it (the engine cover) has a hole around 3-4 inches diameter at the back with a rubber seal around it. The MAF is the thing it joins up to, fixed to the back of the engine.

·
Registered 2000 slk 320
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funilly enough,driving to work this morning,(alone:wink:)I put my foot down and the light went out,so I,m thinking it may have been down to Very slow driving. will still clean the maf though:smile:

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
595 Posts
Mine's at the back of the engine in the middle. When you pull off the engine cover, it (the engine cover) has a hole around 3-4 inches diameter at the back with a rubber seal around it. The MAF is the thing it joins up to, fixed to the back of the engine.
Same here. Get rid of the Torx and replace with Phillips.

·
Registered 2000 slk 320
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cleaned MAF,although it didn't look oilybut she seems to run even sweeter now:smile: and no engine light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.