·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Says a lot about the integrity of the SLK.

Indeed, its a Benz tradition.

edit- thanks for the pic's by the way, lots of people hate to see dead car's but i think they should be shown more often to show what a car can and cannot protect you against.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Ouch! Truely a "slope-nose" now. Glad no one was hurt.

Any clue who the car belongs to? Anyone from here?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
130 Posts
Indeed, its a Benz tradition.

edit- thanks for the pic's by the way, lots of people hate to see dead car's but i think they should be shown more often to show what a car can and cannot protect you against.

Hello, agree that it`s not nice to see the pictures but, it`s good to see the strength of the SLK ! Regards Damian. :)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Oh that sucks. Wonder who was at fault? I let the better half drive the SLK when she wants, and have been comforted by the stories of it's strength and engineering since the famous "moose incident". Around these parts, a tank is almost required. People in Phoenix have no idea how to drive safely - at 10 or 100 MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Yep, along with the shear strength of the hing line, I've got to check my hood for the fold points. It's prominent in the photos.
Tom, what was that comment? That's not your ride, right? Why do you need to check your hood?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
curiosity i suppose, tom has a silver SLK 32.
he probably just wants to see if the hood folded at the predetermined points designed into the hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.