Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bought my X wif a 450SL in 79 I think it waz, what a hassel. Took two folks to remove hard top an the cloth top waz yuk. Why buy that when tha SLK top folds away neat an clean. Why don't MB put a fold top on SL's, would be better for gurls and they could haul more stuff from shoppin. :fart::fart:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought my X wif a 450SL in 79 I think it waz, what a hassel. Took two folks to remove hard top an the cloth top waz yuk. Why buy that when tha SLK top folds away neat an clean. Why don't MB put a fold top on SL's, would be better for gurls and they could haul more stuff from shoppin. :fart::fart:
Actually we still have a 450SLC It was a 70's model, and my uncle has his White 420SL 86 model. Those were lovely cars as were the R129 series SL's.

However Doug, the SL has a foldaway top like the SLK, Its more expensive due to the larger or let me say plushier seats and the "SL" name or prestige.;)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
The SL has an even better folding top system, quieter and faster.

The price also gets you improved suspension, bigger engine, and lot's more electrical goodies...

D

·
0 Posts
The SL has an even better folding top system, quieter and faster.

The price also gets you improved suspension, bigger engine, and lot's more electrical goodies...
I agree with the second paragraph mate.

I hate the SL roof!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The designer should better sell fish&chips.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
whats wrong with SL roof? i actually thought it was good when i played with it.

·
Founding Member
245 Posts
After seeing the look of the facelifted SL, I'm glad that I bought mine when I did. I've never liked the look of the CLS headlamps, and by adopting them, alone with a hideous grille, they've lost the grace and style of the flowing hood which featured twin convex forms on each side, trailing back from the siamesed headlight lenses. I think that it's a step backwards, but maybe I'm prejudiced because I own an '04 model. Dinoman

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Heavy and slow mate in fact slower than the SLK's in a test and it rattles more
Really? i "raced" the roof against someone's SL, and their roof went down marginally faster. is there someway to speed up the SLK roof? or maybe because your roof is lighter without the sound deadening and the carbon shell? I particularily liked that the roof on the SL could be tilted up when stowed...

Regarding the concept photos, i think they are FAR FAR exaggerated (they are all computer generated). if you look at the spy shots, there is a lot of padding above the headlights, and the hood. i don't think they are going to be as extreme. In fact, i'd bet money, it's not going to look anything like that "artist's interpretation" picture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.