Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this through the window (tinted). Didn't want to totally embarrass them, although they need it!

Unbelieveable!

AMG Poser sm.jpg

It's not a bad looking R170, but come on!

AMG Poser 2 sm.jpg

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I can handle the stripes but not the triple exhausts on each side.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I hate those stripes! the car is too short (proportionally) for such big stripes.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin, are those special license plates or are you a master at masking?

As to the paint job, not bad.... but twelve pipes would look better than six pipes :Beer:
I masked the plates. Who knows, I may run into this guy somewhere and he'll have seen this post. Don't want to create any international incidences.

Although the paint and pipes scream "YIKES!" it was the "SLK280" on a 170 that first caught my eye.

I wonder who people think they're trying to impress sometimes. Stupid is stupid...why not just go all the way with "SLK55" Oh wait...that's only 2 digits. OK...SLK350...there!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
He/she also has the "AMG" badge misaligned with the "SLK280 "...that costs hp as well as status! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i don't know which looks worse... the camaro RS racing stripes or the 6 pipe exhaust. :td:

All bad did no one notice the worst thing about the whole car.

He has it seems 20 or 19 in the rear, and 18's or 17's in the front... Tryin to be an american muscle car with huge back tires and smaller front ones?

I cant believe no one noticed it!

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Kevin....Are you sure you didn't paint your car??? Hmmm??? maybe just trying to get opinions of your new paint job???? Hmmmm???? ROFLOL!!!:biglaugh::D

He must be a forum surfer, he has the new head light kit installed.;)

You should have left him ans SLKWorld Card.:bannana:

Later,
SLKman:tu:

D

·
0 Posts
6 Pipes? Must have an atom bomb under the hood.

What a shame i bet the 170 goes home at night and cries itself to sleep.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All bad did no one notice the worst thing about the whole car.

He has it seems 20 or 19 in the rear, and 18's or 17's in the front... Tryin to be an american muscle car with huge back tires and smaller front ones?

I cant believe no one noticed it!
John, I think that's an optical illusion. It wasn't that pronounced in person.

Kevin....Are you sure you didn't paint your car??? Hmmm??? maybe just trying to get opinions of your new paint job???? Hmmmm???? ROFLOL!!!:biglaugh::D

He must be a forum surfer, he has the new head light kit installed.;)

You should have left him ans SLKWorld Card.:bannana:

Later,
SLKman:tu:
I only leave cards on cars I'd invite to SLKWorld. I wouldn't invite this guy for his own protection from a possible verbal a$$ whoopin' for defacing his SLK. :D

6 Pipes? Must have an atom bomb under the hood.

What a shame i bet the 170 goes home at night and cries itself to sleep.
:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
omg...i just noticed...fake fender vents and chromed windshield wipers

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
My R170 just died a little inside knowing one of his brethren is being mistreated so... I have a feeling half those exhausts are not even actually functional. At least try to pass it off as a 32 AMG or something. What a douche, SLK280 AMG on a pre-facelift R170... And what's with the chromed windshield wipers!! Thanks for pointing that out cyberdrakon, and thanks DesignoSLK for providing a good laugh!

·
Registered
95 Posts
It almost seems as if he thought he was driving a civic and decided to ask a Illegal Mexican for tips to enhance his car. Its a shame to all SLK owners. I would be even more ashamed if he had the stock 230 engine in there. Its like he watched fast and the furious and decided that he wanted to convert his SLK into a blue skyline. The car isn't even proportional anymore, you can tell that all the after market parts don't integrate with the body of the car. 6 exhaust tips? wow. :hail:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
It almost seems as if he thought he was driving a civic and decided to ask a Illegal Mexican for tips to enhance his car.
:confused:There's a "incorrect" reference (twice) some where in that sentence. The SLK is a work in progress. He/she isn't finished.

·
Registered
840 Posts
And to top it all off, did the R 170 even come with the 280 engine anywhere in the world? It didn't here in the US. And, on top of that, all R 171's that came from the factory badged "SLK 280" are also "posers" -- but in the wrong direction. the correct engine designation would be 300.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts