Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the National UK Mercedes Benz Club SLK/CLK day at Royal Gun Powder Mills at Waltham Abbey. There were 28 other SLK's and I spoke to most of the owners and carded at least 20 who are not yet members. One of the cars owners attending owns an SLK55 previously owned be Bernie Ecclestone and subsequently his wife Slavica . It is immaculate and Andy the owner is already an SLKworld member. I will be disappointed if we don't get some new members as a result.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts
top up! get it? very good! :D

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta be a record!
Hello Mike. I had the advantage that the cars were parked and over a period of 6 hours had a chance to have a lengthy conversation with many of the owners who were all very nice.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w P30
11,887 Posts
Yes, MB club UK. You have to pay to join.
same as in Canada--fee to join, yearly fee to maintain membership. Get discounts at various retailers but reviewing what discounts are available here, I'd never partake.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks a good meeting.
is this arranged by a different mercedes slk forum club?
It was an Mercedes Benz Club UK event. I am a member but most of the events are general rather than SLK specific. However the cost of membership includes a monthly magazine, dealer discount on parts (normally 10%) access to the Parts Information System and also local and national meets. I have to say that personally I attend more events organised by SLK Forum members but still happy to be an MBClub UK member.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts