Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just letting you know the problem and cure if you have juddering issues and bad starting plus engine cutting out sometimes when starting up, i have a 2014 slk250cdi, after 6months owning it i could feel the car judder whilst driving (not all the time), i took my car into MB they said they couldnt find anything wrong anyway it got worse so back i went and they found that some one had put a connector in wrong which had bent the pins, they replace the pins and went ok for a while then it started again but this time the engine would cut off when i first started up (again not everytime) then my engine light came on so i rang MB to book it in but by the time it went in the light had gone out so they couldnt find the fault. about 2 weeks later the light came back on so i took it straight there and they looked straight away, they found the turbo pump was loose (which was connected to those pins) also they said they were having issuse with some sensor to do with the fuel they changed that sensor and wallar its all ok so if you have the same issued get them to change that senser which they are aware about

· *Registered
Sold my SLK
104 Posts
Judderring

I've just come across this thread, think I have the similar symptoms as you other than I don't have and dashboard indicators, and engine sounding sweet.

I find the accelerator sensor either numb in E mode, or really sensitive in S mode. I notice the issues when I pull away, or accelerating hard - but only on rough or uneven roads (which most are in UK!)

Dealer has investigated but not found anything to date, all firmware up to date, etc. but its going back in Friday, as its really getting me down. Did tell them about this find with possible connector issues, which they're going to investigate further

· Registered
29 Posts
It's the mapping. It's worst on the early cars. The car feels like it's not firing on all cylinders unless you're using a lot of revs. Like it's misfiring. It IS meant to be like that. Almost unbelievable, but true.

If your car is out of warranty then I would suggest a remap.

Mercedes Remapping Mercedes 250 CDI Remapping
Tested a 2013 and was almost t-boned due to this. Convinced me that I needed a 350 instead.>:D

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
2,032 Posts
I don't know about mapping or any of the rest of that stuff but when it comes to diesel VWs, a rough start up and the feeling that one or more cylinders are missing it is a clear indication of failed glow plug(s).

· *Registered
Sold my SLK
104 Posts
There are some real bargains with near new SLK350s in UK right now, although I'm actually on the look out for a late 55 and gutted I missed one over the weekend, and am keen to drive the new SLC43. Know theres lots to say in this forum on the SLC43, but hey I love the car. I dont regret buying the diesel, its a good package performance/economy, and my decision was based on anticipated mileage. I maybe do 5k a year, so defo going for a bigger petrol version sometime soon.

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
2,032 Posts
VW never sold convertible diesels in the US either (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But I am proud to state that I have one because I converted it. It's my little Frankenbunny.....

· *Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
VW never sold convertible diesels in the US either (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But I am proud to state that I have one because I converted it. It's my little Frankenbunny.....
Roxane
Have you ever worked on a British V8 STAG Engine the noise they make is Gorgeous , at least mine is . And I must say I have only replaced Glow plugs on my 2.5 TDI Cherokee once at 104000 miles and that was just because I thought the old girl deserved it , Great Car.
Michael.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.