Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Most piston heads enjoy tinkering with their cars in some way or another. There are some who don't even look under the hood, but still appreciate the mechanics, the brands and the industry, but then there are those who really love getting under the hood and getting to work. Some love the idea of entirely rebuilding an entire car, while some dread the idea, and enjoy doing simpler mods, or focus on bodywork.

One thing is for sure: every gear head shares a love for making their cars their own and personalizing them. The aftermarket world of modding is a massive one, with supplies, parts, and kits for virtually every subculture out there. But, with all of that supply, ample internet videos, and guides, as well as endless forums with people who can answer almost any question, somehow there still persists a very specific kind of mod: the junky ones.

Indeed, it seems for every perfectly executed (or even just passably) mod, there is also a mod out there that looks like it came straight from the junkyard. Whether it's from this mod culture or that one, it doesn't matter, the junky mod stretches across all modding communities, kind of like a plague. These cars are an eyesore, unrefined, give a bad name to the community, they are poorly designed and improperly executed, even dangerous at times. They are almost always funny to look at. Let's take a look at 25 junkyard tuners.

Continue Scrolling To Keep Reading

https://www.hotcars.com/tuner-mods-that-look-like-they-came-from-the-junkyard/

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Um.......errr.........some lovely rides on there pimped beyond all recognition......>:D
Reminds of a uk website called “barryboys”, look it up to see some more eye candy like the ones above.:grin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I love this sort of thing, but there are some problems.

In this PC World a bit of rust on a wing can fail the MOT because and I quote "it could represent a hazard to a pedestrian". One that you have just mown down presumably.

Also any kind of mod now seems to attract the attention of the insurance industry. Phew, modified your car we will put your premiums up. So now youngsters are covering their cars in blue LED's and installing big stereo's because to fiddle with the real stuff is to price yourself off the road, or not to be able to get insurance at all.

It gets worse every year, any fail light on the dash (MOT failure), the auto adjusters not working on the headlights (MOT failure), any one of the 27 airbags not working (MOT failure).

So trying to personalize your car in the fashion indicated in this thread is more or less impossible in the UK. I would tell the bureaucracy to bugger off myself, but what do I know :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts