Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLK250
48 Posts
Takes around 1.5 hrs from Marlborough. We could maybe meet in Marlborough High Street for a 8am departure from there?
Ooph :)
My parents live in Verwood. COVID-allowing I might start there Sunday. Will decide closer to the time, but it would be great to meet up. A very early sunday drive would be very nice indeed - let's hope for dry weather!

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,192 Posts
It looks like the SLK Facebook club are planning their own visit to Beaulieu too - meeting up at Morrisons car park beforehand. It would be good to meet with them too.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280 aka Sheila
307 Posts
Probably the best place to meet up would be Morrisons car park, which is just off the M27/J2/A326 towards Beaulieu/Totton 1st roundabout turn left to mini roundabout turn right, then just a short hop then to Beaulieu.
Thanks Bazzer, I will be checking this meeting place out on the Saturday night from my hotel at Stoney Cross, Lyndhurst
So I can familiarise myself with the surrounding area and what time it could take me to arrive at Morrisons car park.

John

·
3,192 Posts
John, @Law Breaker , I'll drop you a PM with routes and stuff so you can get your bearings.

·
3,192 Posts
Updated table in Post #10 to show @Marrs and @Chippenhamged as 'going'.

It's starting to coalesce into groups now. I'll see if I can colate groups and update the table and Post #10 to show the groups for convoys / journeys.

Reactions: Marrs

·
Registered 2016 SLK250
48 Posts
Updated table in Post #10 to show @Marrs and @Chippenhamged as 'going'.
Looking forward to it :) Will be the first time I've done a car-related event. Narrowboats has been my thing until recently when I sold my boat. Will be a relief to get out and do something! Lets just hope people stay disciplined long enough for us to have some fun!

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,763 Posts
Looking at the Morrison's Super Market in Totton (Post Code: SO40 8AD)
This is only 30 minutes from our Hotel, so happy to meet there & do the final ~25 minute group drive to Beaulieu:

Timings Wise:
The Morrison Super Market opens at 10am on a Sunday...
So could look at leaving the Morrison's Car Park at 9:30am sharp, to arrive at Beaulieu just before 10am..??

Club Parking:
Due to CV-19 there is no Club Parking this year, so We all just need to turn up at the same time to enable us to park together(y)

Simply Mercedes Entry:
Entry for "Simply Mercedes" ticket holders is between 9:30am & 2pm.
Though You can leave at anytime, re-entry is not permitted - So no "AMG" Test Drives..!!

How close will I be parked next to another car?
"We will be parking all Simply participants in the parkland in order to allow for plenty of space between cars.
Cars will be parked as and when they arrive in order for us to park vehicles in a socially distanced manner."

FAQ's - Simple Mercedes Website:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,363 Posts
Just a thought but, If the store doesn't open until ten, is it assured that the car park will not be 'barriered' or 'closed' until near opening time?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,707 Posts
Just a thought but, If the store doesn't open until ten, is it assured that the car park will not be 'barriered' or 'closed' until near opening time?
I believe that Morrissons open their stores an hour early for NHS workers including Sundays. I am not a shopping expert so can anyone else confirm.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,584 Posts
I contacted the Beaulieu Events Team today & as the tickets for "Simply Mercedes" have been increased from 500 to 750 people, they still have about 400 tickets left apparently.. (y)

Tickets: Simply Mercedes 2020
So they’ve decided to upscale the event to similar numbers to last year!? Very responsible!! Nothing at all to do with making as much money as possible! Guess they did a new risk assessment when they realised how much money they could make based on demand. 😂

Before anyone calls me out, yes I am cynical! 😂

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,763 Posts
So they’ve decided to upscale the event to similar numbers to last year!? Very responsible!! Nothing at all to do with making as much money as possible! Guess they did a new risk assessment when they realised how much money they could make based on demand. 😂

Before anyone calls me out, yes I am cynical! 😂
Guess there won't be "Social Distancing" like some places that SLK owners visit.....

·
3,192 Posts
All car parks should be like that - at least you don't get your doors dinged.... (y)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts