Mercedes SLK World banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,192 Posts
Hi everyone.

Looks like we've 11 confirmed attendees! (y)

@Trev5 and I are planning how to meet up / ride out for the event and it would make planning easier if we knew how people are planning to arrive. Can we ask if you could let us know your likely approach path to the New Forest so we can plan meeting points for us all? The thought was to use the services on the M27, just outside Southampton, which is fine for those using M3/M27, but a pain for those approaching from the West or North West. I've updated the Table in Post #10 so you can see what we're doing.

Please let us know so Trev and I can plan how we meet up. Thanks.

Reactions: Trev5

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,363 Posts
We will be driving down on the Sunday morning either via M4, A34 or, alternatively, A436 through Marlborough and Amesbury etc.
As several folks are staying overnight from Saturday, might it be an idea to meet at one of the hotels if enough are staying at the same place?

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hi all, sadly I cannot make this event but happy to share my local knowledge, a good place to meet up might be our local Morrisons store, it has a large car park and is located about one mile south from junction 2 of the M27. Hope you all enjoy the event and please feel free to ask questions, happy to help fellow SLK owners.

·
3,192 Posts
Hi @DavidD - I've marked you down as not going. Perhaps another time. Good thought about Morrisons' Car Park. Will investigate.
Hi @Carspito55 - I've marked you as going in the table - and assumed you're heading down the motorway (M1/M25/M3/M27).

Reactions: Carspito55

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,584 Posts
With regards to direction of approach and pre-meet plans, Me and Jo will be staying just west of Southampton close to the M27 but the most direct route for us would be down the A326.
So approaching from the north. :)

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
893 Posts
Thanks Mike. Added. Is Sarah coming with you too?
Hi Martin,
No, it looks like Sarah will be working that weekend.
FYI - I'll look to book something local and stay down Sat night.

Reactions: Trev5

·
3,192 Posts
Reactions: Col

·
Registered 2014 SLK55 AMG
147 Posts
Hi @DavidD - I've marked you down as not going. Perhaps another time. Good thought about Morrisons' Car Park. Will investigate.
Hi @Carspito55 - I've marked you as going in the table - and assumed you're heading down the motorway (M1/M25/M3/M27).
Hi. I've got to nip over to Mablethorpe and back earlier that day so won't be leaving Chesterfield until quite late unfortunately. Therefore due to all that driving (and the time we're setting off) I thought it best if we stopped somewhere in Newbury and made the final stretch down the A34 etc, in the morning. (y)

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
893 Posts
Change of plan - I'll be driving down on the Sunday morning, so will catch up with @Trev5 and any others coming from our way nearer the time.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280 aka Sheila
307 Posts
Hi all, I will be staying at the Travelodge in Stoney Cross, Lyndhurst. Seeing that the knowledge of this area is somewhat unknown to me, and, will be totally depending on my sat-nav for where to go, I hope someone can send me information of just where to meet up along with time before going to the event, so we can all arrive at the same time.

John

·
Registered 2016 SLK250
47 Posts
I just bought a ticket. Coming down on the day. M4/A34 probably most "sensible". However, Marlborough/Salisbury/Ringwood would be a nice drive with a run across the Forest at the end. Might depend how soon I get my butt out of bed :) And I can always take the long way home!

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
124 Posts
I have a ticket too and will be driving down on the day Marlborough/Salisbury/Ringwood. How about a meet up in the center of Marlborough for a convoy?

·
3,192 Posts
Salisbury to Ringwood passes my front door. If you share your location on the way down, I can be at the junction to meet you.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts