Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi after removing the four screws from the headlining of my SLK 230 1998 170. I am stuck with the next procedure to remove, any thoughts please?
regards
Brian

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
275 Posts
The back ones are an even bigger pain to put back. You need to set the roof to just the right angle and use BlueTack or similar to stick the screw to the driver maybe. It's worth getting a few spares, they are not a special screw really. You can extract the headliner without removing the back screws, but don't be tempted. The side pieces of trim lock into the fixed back piece with small plastic tabs which break off really easily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. folks, I seem to have a rogue elephant here, I have removed the two sun visors, and the surround, to get to three screws, two of which were obstructed by clips these were supposed to be glued to the headlining, (some hopes). Why did a class car like the Merces, have such a bad adhesive. Bad window stops. bad door panel connections etc
Anyway, having got access to the roof mechanics, the micro switches seem to be OK, which leaves me floundering still on the non function of the roof!!!
Regards
Brian

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,788 Posts
Why did a class car like the Merces, have such a bad adhesive. Bad window stops. bad door panel connections etc
Chinese steel for body panels etc.

Early to mid-90's the German car industry was floundering due to low sales generated by expensive, high quality, well made cars. In essence, Joe Public couldnt afford to buy them and the Germans couldn't compete with the Japs.
Porsche called on Toyota to help them design the Boxster .. Mercedes called their accountants ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts