Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Full story Formula 1 2020 car launch & testing schedule

Hmm, like Mercs choice. No, I 'love' Mercs choice.

Formula 1 teams are putting together their new cars before the first race of the new season in Australia on 15 March.

The teams kick off pre-season testing at Barcelona in Spain on 19 February before returning for a second session later in the month.

There will be live BBC Sport live text commentary on all six days of the two tests.

Teams will launch their cars at different points up to testing - check back for pictures and insight into each team's 2020 designs.

11 FebruaryFerrari
12 FebruaryRenault
13 FebruaryMcLaren
14 FebruaryAlpha Tauri
14 FebruaryMercedes
17 FebruaryRacing Point
TBCAlfa Romeo
TBCHaas
TBCRed Bull
TBCWilliams

·
Registered
322 Posts
sorry, not for me, too boring - all bling and nothing else. Used to like F1 in the 70's and 80's but even then it was a bit "follow the leader". Looking forward to racing and overtaking in touring cars, motogp and superbikes. We need a one make SLK series, that would be fun !!!

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
sorry, not for me, too boring - all bling and nothing else. Used to like F1 in the 70's and 80's but even then it was a bit "follow the leader". Looking forward to racing and overtaking in touring cars, motogp and superbikes. We need a one make SLK series, that would be fun !!!
Moto GP, just stupid lean angles, do they have a Gravity reduction device?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Take a look at the E series.
Don't bother listening to the awful sound, but close racing.
A la touring cars some years back.
nice tip thanks - just had a quick look on youtube - lots of names I recognise and great racing - I like car racing with a bit of clean contact and they certainly seem to have that. Will add that to my view list this year.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I try that when on my bike, in my mind I'm sheen, roberts, fogarty, doohan, rossi or marquez - in reality I'm wobbling around almost upright !!! To be honest I prefer the smaller classes (moto3 especially) - such fun and competitive races normally. Stick 30 teenagers on bikes and let loose - big grin factor.

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True, but the TT is still king!

Club racers used to hit New Brighton, sadly gone now.

But the best is club class bike racing, speedway (Ice speedway? Oo'er)
and my personal favourite of all, sidecars (any class, level, or era).

Watching the passenger of a fellow team mate slapping the nose of our outfit at Darely Moor,
whilst navigating the hairpin? Priceless! Nearly spat my gum out & drop my tab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts