Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the season finally starts

Top 15 qualifying session has just finished and Lewis Hamilton has set the pace to beat.

Not surprisingly:

Its Mercedes, Ferarri, Red Bull near the top so far.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Räikkënon is doing well, looking like he can run top ten, way faster than his team mate.

But Both Renaults failed to make top ten! Danial is 12th, oh no!

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hamilton 0.112 sec faster than Bottas for pole,

leading the Red cars,

who are split by a Red Bull ,

so just like last year.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hamilton 0.112 sec faster than Bottas for pole,

leading the Red cars,

who are split by a Red Bull ,

so just like last year.
Isn't qualifying today? Timings in practise don't always tell the true story. However, it looks like another boring year of F1 if MB are going to dominate again.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't qualifying today? Timings in practise don't always tell the true story. However, it looks like another boring year of F1 if MB are going to dominate again.
Being local, I was watching it live!

As we get today here, before you get today there, you must be getting delayed telecast.

BBC F1 webpage usually has a blow by blow blog.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Being local, I was watching it live!

As we get today here, before you get today there, you must be getting delayed telecast.

BBC F1 webpage usually has a blow by blow blog.
Sorry - forgot about time difference and ...I lived there for 7 years!

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this week Lewis and Valtteri have a bit more work to do, now they are on the second row.
Anyone know if this track is one with passing opportunities, or is it all tyre strategies and pit stops?

·
Registered
164 Posts
F1 Abu Dhabi

Well our boyz were lucky that Italian quality is not quite up to Benz stds forcing Leclerc to slow late in the race and that Louis is able to out drive Vettel on most days all things being equal leading to a 1-2 finish. Well done Lads.

Quote of the Day - Louis Hamilton at the podium: "That late race battle with Seb was fun... For me!" Meanwhile Seb is in the back of the garage cursing in German and throwing things. It was fun to watch also. Two multi-time World Champions going head to head with essentially equal equipment and without banging into one another like out of control NASCAR punks, they managed to decide the race like professionals with one out driving the other in dramatic fashion and the other paying dearly for his mistakes. The fireworks as Seb travelled too fast on flat-spotted tires back to the pit shaking his car apart in the process were spectacular. He must have set up some form of harmonic vibration in that wing.

Irish

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Round 3

Good results from qualifying.
1-2 again on Sunday please gentlemen.

Letrec to run as wingman again?

So few Workd Champions on the grid.
A few years back we had 7 I think, now just 3 and only 2 at the front.
So much room for newcomers to make a name,
alas, one needs to be in just one of two teams to claim the crown this year again maybe,
Red Bull and Renault seem consistantly many tenths slower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts