Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the administrators and moderators of SLKWorld
please have a safe and happy Holiday Season and New Years!

Whether you celebrate Chanukah (Hanukkah) (12/22-12/30), Christmas (12/25), Kwanzaa (12/26), Boxing Day (12/26), New Years (12/31-1/1 or anything else, please post your wishes in this thread! (No religious discussion per the rules) :D

We are glad you are with us!!!

Holiday videos are here:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Whatever you celebrate I hope this time of year is pure joy and wonder.

To our service men and woman past and present, another year has burnt away so it is time to acknowledge (although a first for me in this forum) the difference you have all indirectly made to my life over here on this tiny speck of the earth.
Thank you for your service.

And to the older members, words to live by...

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light........"
- Dylan Thomas

I wish you all happiness, peace and unity.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make The United States great (not to imply that The United States is necessarily greater than any other country, and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.)

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Happy Christmas, Hanukkah and a Prosperous New Year! 😁👍

stolen from Darren John Mcall

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Christmas is a time of year for remembrance and joy. We take peek of where we came from, and have a moment to think about where we are going, as we pursue the future with hope. May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow. Wish all members lots of joy and happiness. MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅🤶🎄⛄

·
AND MABEL
13,999 Posts
Earlier this year I became a member of a local drama group. It's members are mainly people who have mental health issues (they tell me I fit right in :D). Today we put on our last performance of the year at a local community centre where the staff were hosting a Christmas dinner for people in the local community who would be on their own normally. We performed a series of light hearted sketches and there was also a choir singing carols to compliment an excellent 3 course Christmas dinner. It reaffirmed my faith in humanity to see so many people volunteering their time to bring some festive cheer to those less fortunate than themselves, and was really heart warming to see the smiles on the faces of those who attended.

It made me realise that we members of this forum are probably all going to enjoy our Christmas with family or friends, but that we shouldn't lose sight of how fortunate we are to be able to do so. So, if you guys know someone who is going to be on their own this festive period, you don't have to invite them to dinner but maybe you can find the time to make a phone call, send them a card, or even drop by. It can make such a difference to them to know someone cares.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Earlier this year I became a member of a local drama group. It's members are mainly people who have mental health issues (they tell me I fit right in :D). Today we put on our last performance of the year at a local community centre where the staff were hosting a Christmas dinner for people in the local community who would be on their own normally. We performed a series of light hearted sketches and there was also a choir singing carols to compliment an excellent 3 course Christmas dinner. It reaffirmed my faith in humanity to see so many people volunteering their time to bring some festive cheer to those less fortunate than themselves, and was really heart warming to see the smiles on the faces of those who attended.

It made me realise that we members of this forum are probably all going to enjoy our Christmas with family or friends, but that we shouldn't lose sight of how fortunate we are to be able to do so. So, if you guys know someone who is going to be on their own this festive period, you don't have to invite them to dinner but maybe you can find the time to make a phone call, send them a card, or even drop by. It can make such a difference to them to know someone cares.
It is very well written David. In all our own happiness and joy, it is easy for many to forget that everyone is not in the same situation. Like you, I also hope that as many people as possible follow your call. Everyone needs to be seen and feel they matter and is part of someone's life.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump to the top

·
Super Moderator
24,759 Posts
Seasons greetings to all!

Thought I'd let you into the staff room secret Santa outcome as a treat.

Jeff (jbanks15) The Fairy God Mother Wand.
Now he can not only grant your wishes, but also save time on reminding us of our mistakes.
(Sheesh! If he just fixes mine it'll save time for the hockey season).

Marykay (Simplyslk) A mirror with a mountain scene etched upon it.
Now she can see herself, her family, or their cars in a place she loves.
(Should cheer her up whilst licking stamps to send out the SLKWorld business cards too).

Tim (Woz53) A set of crayons and stamped postcards.
FB may lose the love, but the postal service will be made up with the extra work.

Len (LeonardoDaBenz) A snow plough!
Nobody should have to suffer parking up their SLK for winter.

Myk (Avel Du) Some clay bar and gaffer tape economy packs.
Bring it on Tesco car park.

I would also like to pass a special thanks to ….
Our friends here that help dig us out of the many holes created.
Whether it be answering members issues, raising datacards, or supporting us running the machine.

Our Admin staff that continue to help us through the transition from old to new forum format.
I know we chew your ears, but you have been consistently supportive to our requests
for explanations and improvements (note, some future upgrades are still in the pipeline).
Your help is both invaluable AND appreciated.

Almost forgot.
Thank you to those of you that organise and join in our SLK events.
No matter where in the world they are held, the write ups show how much fun SLKers share when gathered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts