Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just purchased a 2018 SLC 180 semi-auto which will replace my SLK 230 Kompressor (once I’ve sold it). Before anyone has a pop, I know it’s the baby of the range, but it suits what I used it for (also have a C Class). Well, I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me and it concerns the Mercedes me app. With my C Class I get a raft of information about the car, mileage/fuel/range/tyre pressure/doors open or close, etc. When registering the SLC to the app I only get the mileage/service due/mobilo. I have been told that this is all you get on the app with a SLC. Does anyone here use the app with their SLC, and do you get the same minimal info as I do or do you get more? I can’t seem to get a straight answer from my dealer. Thanks, and happy open top driving to everyone. Also, sad that the R172 will be the last after recent news that it is to be axed, for me, I don’t think there is another car that is equal to it in this market sector.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
Congrats!

Please update this

Vehicle: SLK 230K Auto. Silver 2000 model.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
until someone replies

the key words are:

based on your vehicle, is what you see

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
130 Posts
Welcome from North Wales.

On my 17 plate SLC Mercedes Me app I have the following

Next service
Fuel level vehicle locked / unlocked
Tyre Pressures ( Shows individual wheel pressures )
Windows status
Trips Last journey and overall
Brake linings
Brake fluid
Roof status
Doors
Boot
Coolant
washer fluid
Parking Brake

The last 8 items minimum info ie closed, open or OK

Hope that helps

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tom,

Thank you. This is the info I get on my C Class. I was told yesterday by my dealer that I need to pay extra to get this information! I am now considering telephoning the Me helpline to ask them now I have your response. I take it you didn’t pay any extra. Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE AFTER SPEAKING TO MERCEDES GERMANY

It turns out that as a second user I have to buy these services from within the Mercedes Me Portal. There are two packages to buy to get the full information, Vehicle Monitoring & Vehicle Setup, the cost for each package is 1 year £29, 2 year £59, 3 year £79. I don’t think I’ll be bothering!

Thanks to all who responded, it is much appreciated.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered 2019 SLC43
21 Posts
I also have all the extra info, but also have comand, so maybe that is the common denominator ( demo car - pretty sure I would not pay the huge extra if I had had the choice to spec myself...)

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,600 Posts
Welcome from North Wales.
On my 17 plate SLC Mercedes Me app I have the following
Next service
Fuel level vehicle locked / unlocked
Tyre Pressures ( Shows individual wheel pressures )
Windows status
Trips Last journey and overall
Brake linings
Brake fluid
Roof status
Doors
Boot
Coolant
washer fluid
Parking Brake

The last 8 items minimum info ie closed, open or OK

Hope that helps, Cheers, Tom
My SLC has COMAND and all the above functions, but interesting to read how much it will cost after 3 years...!! :surprise:

I use the remote un-lock/lock quite a bit, when I haven't got the key with Me...
Plus the Tyre Pressured screen is also useful, to keep an eye on when I think about it.
Though the one bit of info missing, is battery voltage, which considering some of the other items would be useful during the winter months when the car is not used much.. :frown:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
164 Posts
Hi Tom,

Thank you. This is the info I get on my C Class. I was told yesterday by my dealer that I need to pay extra to get this information! I am now considering telephoning the Me helpline to ask them now I have your response. I take it you didn’t pay any extra. Bob

I have the same info as Tom and did not pay any extra for it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not that familiar with SLC built specs and wonder whether having Comand is something that is an add on to the Audio 20 with a bigger dashboard screen. I know this is the case on the C Class, as I bought mine from new. Perhaps someone would kindly tell me, and others, what you get with Comand and how this differs from a car without it. Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,600 Posts
I am not that familiar with SLC built specs and wonder whether having Comand is something that is an add on to the Audio 20 with a bigger dashboard screen. I know this is the case on the C Class, as I bought mine from new. Perhaps someone would kindly tell me, and others, what you get with Comand and how this differs from a car without it. Thanks, Bob
All SLC's get the 7" display - This is the description of the standard Audio 20 on page 26 of the MY18 SLC Brochure:

...and this is Page 41 from the MY18 SLC Brochure:

PM me if You want the whole UK SLC 5.8Mb pdf document.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts