Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up last season at the 4 year/season mark with 50 total awards for the dawg. I've only been in 3 shows this season, but won trophies in all three. First one was a Top ten trophy, Second was Top Import, the Third was 1st place in 1991-2018 category in one of my favorite shows, Spokes for Folks. It's a charity show in a smaller town that includes a lot of motorcycles and cars. I think that show is the first one that I ever entered, I hold it a bit dear. I'm actually driving a bit more, and showing a bit less, although I will continue to show some.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,267 Posts
Congratulations Bob Y), Fastdawg is so deserving of all those trophies!

Car shows are really fun, I bet you've met so many nice folks that share the same interests! We've found that kids are the best, they ooh and ahh, point and stare especially when we use the SmartTop.>:D Even though their sticky and greasy little fingerprints get all over the car, it's worth the laughs!

Why don't you both come to the Fall Meet in October? We're contemplating having it here:

https://ocalapumpkinrun.com/

Can we put you down for two?

Yes @jbanks15 I'll start the thread soon.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be nice, but realistically, I probably won't make it. I would like to see you all again though sometime. The costs of shipping the Dawg down there and flying, makes a trip there just a bit pricey. Driving there is a bit long, and I know Dianna couldn't tolerate it, she fusses about going to VA Beach in a new Maxima, and that car's comfortable. I'm still holding back on the mileage so and would like to keep it down, as I have me thoughts on a newer possibly AMG in the future. I'm at 75.5K right now and only 16K in the past nearly 5 years. But, I would love to see you all! :)

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did my 6th show of the season, and my fifth award this year. Show was huge, several hundred cars, lots of awards, so it wasn't that hard, but it's nice to get something anyway. Several hundred cars got nothing for showing up in the heat, so I feel lucky as usual. I always feel privileged to get something, as a lot of great car don't get so lucky.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
What was that award for

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of note for the first time in 4+ years of showing, there was another SLK registered in the event I was in. He found me and parked next to the Dawg. It was a 2011 SLK300, the guys name was Jay, he hasn't had the car too long and it's a daily driver. Nice guy, not sure he's into really showing it as his car wasn't prepped for the show really. He does go on this forum as a guest, told him he ought to join and gave him the benefits of being a member. I have seen other slk's in a show before, but it was the Arthritis Foundation show here in Columbus where they have a Mercedes division with about 100 cars, some are slk's. It's like the Superbowl of car shows in Columbus. That show is this weekend, not sure if I'm attending, 2 years ago, I took 2nd in the SL & Caberlet Division and the biggest words on the trophy is Honda, who is the sponsor. In little writing, it says Mercedes as the division and has the class on it. Writing is so small for that, I can't read it without my glasses! LOL

Attachments

·
95,102 Posts
did you card him?

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What was that award for

It was such a huge show with hundreds of cars, they actually had a Top 100 category, and I got a top 100 trophy. Never seen the numbers go that high with that kind of show, normally it's like a top 10, or 20, or 25 which is normal. I was like the 4th or 5th person called, so I think I ranked high up there. As always, I'm just appreciable of getting something for the effort. It was in the low 90's with high humidity for the 6 hour show, so its always nice to get something when you have to sweat that much! LOL While they gave out 100 plus trophies, there still were hundreds that went home empty handed. I couldn't have picked those and eliminated them, it's a lot of effort to get a car show ready. It was a community benefit show, which I do a lot. I do a lot of charity shows, and this one also had the Honor Flight charity attached to it where they send Veterans to DC to the memorial. I'll do charity shows and really not care if I get anything as it's for the cause for me, most of my shows I do, I pick out those kinds of shows. So far I'm up to 55 awards in 4+ years. Ran out of trophy room in my home office, and I have about 20 in a container now in my storage room. :(

Attachments

·
95,102 Posts

·
95,102 Posts
Come for the picnic....if she has one.... :D

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,267 Posts
I'd rather give her a hug, haven't seen you guys now for a few years! But I'll PM her, since I can't give her a hug! :)
Ahhhhh Bob, I'll take a virtual hug!

Attachments

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Another weekend, back on the Car show circuit. Marysville Arthritis Foundation Charity car show, another major here in the Columbus area, hundreds of cars at this event. Even another SLK230, red 2000. Really nice car, very clean, nice older guy, told him about SLKWorld. Pulled a Top 100 award, like I said, they had hundreds of cars, so they have a lot of awards. Last year there, I didn't get one. It's nice no matter what it is, I'm always appreciative. Number 7 for the year, and number 57 since I started showing.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts