Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken some pretty decent awards these past few years, but this weekend was the best. The Dawg was in the 36th Annual Arthritis Foundation Car Show this weekend, it's like our Superbowl of car shows here in Columbus. Normally about 3,000 cars give or take. We're all grouped in our makes in most cases, the Dawg and I were in the Mercedes group together with about 60 to 80 really nice Merc's, of course most of them are and if they are at the show. This year, selected by the Foundation's own judges, nothing to do with the Mercedes Club themselves, The Dawg won Best of Show Mercedes Benz! I was in shock, I could have given the award to any other Merc in attendance almost. The President of Mercedes Benz club of Central Ohio (who ran our section) informed me of the decision, after I came back from strolling around. She said check out your windshield, and it was a tag asking me to be at the stage at 5 for my award! :) She said that the judges told her, and they told me later at the stage themselves, that I won by a wide margin and it wasn't even close. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty froggy. I spent 3 hours Friday night just on polishing those 19" chrome wheels off the car, to to mention the other clean up. I was a bit worried that I'd get nailed for my windshield banner and side stripes, but if I did, it wasn't enough to let anyone else get close. I have won best of show before in other shows, but this one carries the most weight for me. Two years ago, when I came to this event, I won 2nd in the SL and Cabriolet group with concourse style judging. The Mercedes Club President told me I should come to some of the events instead of just swooping in getting awards every couple of years! She said it jokingly, but I think she had some meaning in it too. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped!

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
Fantastic!!!!! We are sooo proud of you n the dawg!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts