Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me in congratulating the winner of our 1st Annual Ride of the Year Competition, OldWing!!!

OldWing wins:

* The ROTY icon badge for his posting profile/user profile.
* His car featured on the home page.
* If you're already a premium member your status will be changed to a lifetime member.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
976 Posts
Congrats Oldwing.... As a R172 owner, I am excited that of the model series represented in the competition, a R172 came out on top. So does that suggest/indicate anything about the most popular SLK model on this forum? >:D:grin::x

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats, can someone explain why they voted for that particular car as the winner? It looks like a fairly plain, stock, lower-model r172 to me - the same that I see multiple of every day. It's a nice looking car, as the r172 is in general, but what differentiates it?

·
Premium Member 2004 slk32 amg
5,128 Posts
Congrats, can someone explain why they voted for that particular car as the winner? It looks like a fairly plain, stock, lower-model r172 to me - the same that I see multiple of every day. It's a nice looking car, as the r172 is in general, but what differentiates it?
Perhaps as simple as all R172 owners voted for their model car.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,380 Posts
Well done, excellent SLK in action picture :tu:

Congratulations!

Also puts the 'only 170's and 171's win anything
well and truly to bed.

Great battle to finish 2017 off in style.
...and doesn't even have a V8 engine under the hood to get this converted prize...!!

I vote for the SLK/SLC that I would either most like to own, or be driving at the time the photo was taken R)

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
799 Posts
...Maybe because he's taken the time to clean and polish his car, then take a great action shot of his pride n joy .. and post it on here.
It's not about the biggest engine or the most converted car, it's about getting joy from your car and sharing that with others.

Well done @OldWing
A very well deserved win.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,513 Posts
...Maybe because he's taken the time to clean and polish his car, then take a great action shot of his pride n joy .. and post it on here.
It's not about the biggest engine or the most converted car, it's about getting joy from your car and sharing that with others.
Exactly what we tell everyone every month.

Any car, any colour can win.
Except when there is a tie, the membership decide.

If folks only voted for the style of car they own this would get boring very quickly.

RoTY had all three styles battling until the end.

Good to see.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,322 Posts
Thank you for your great photos it truly represents the love of an SLK regardless of the model 170, 171 or 172 it’s just a photo of SLK Love I can feel!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,968 Posts
Great car! Great win! :tu:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts