Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
15,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes-AMG’s SLC43 dumps a V-8 for a V-6, but it'll still blow your socks off

Among the nine models that currently occupy a space in the AMG 43 lineup – Mercedes’ newest mid-range performance offering – the SLC43 is a bit of outlier. First, it’s the only model that is driven exclusively by the rear wheels rather than all four corners by way of the 4matic all-wheel drive system. Secondly, it may be the only model that’s actually down on power and performance versus the outgoing model it supplants. It’s a move likely made in the name of improved fuel economy and the engineering constraints inherent to a power train that’s applied across a vast array of different vehicles.

Read more: 2017 Mercedes-AMG SLC43 First Drive Review | Digital Trends

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'd say that's a fair review. Basically, it's not a V8, but the resulting weight saving in the nose makes the handling better and while the engine appears to be massively down on power, it's only 0.1s slower to 60mph and apparently all the new tuning boxes give you 445bhp and 600Nm torque. At which point I don't expect a 55 to be in my mirrors for long.

Don't get me wrong, I love our 55, but I'm not a fan of having to rev the nuts off a car to get it to feel fast and that means I like the way diesels drive. And the SLC43 drives like a CDi250 on steroids. So I'm afraid I love it more than the 55 and the CDi250 and believe me, I REALLY love my tuned diesel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
And now for my tartish opinion.... it'd easily be quick enough for the likes of me but what really matters is it looks abso bloody lutely gorgeous in that colour!

·
Banned
974 Posts
I'd say that's a fair review. Basically, it's not a V8, but the resulting weight saving in the nose makes the handling better and while the engine appears to be massively down on power, it's only 0.1s slower to 60mph and apparently all the new tuning boxes give you 445bhp and 600Nm torque. At which point I don't expect a 55 to be in my mirrors for long.

Don't get me wrong, I love our 55, but I'm not a fan of having to rev the nuts off a car to get it to feel fast and that means I like the way diesels drive. And the SLC43 drives like a CDi250 on steroids. So I'm afraid I love it more than the 55 and the CDi250 and believe me, I REALLY love my tuned diesel.
I agree. My local dealer has this colour but with a cream interior which to my eyes is a bit too girly & tarty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts