Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,172 Posts
Just had a look at the Shelsley website. Looks interesting.
Might be interested in going.

I notice that there's no guarantee of a paddock car park pass and secondary parking is 500 yards away.

As Deb is bluebadger by name and lifestyle can anyone recommend which is the best parking, please?
She definitely wouldn't get 500 yards with using a chair. Chair means no slk.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi Myk

When a few of us went to a breakfast meet last year, we displayed our cars and so were in the paddock.

However, before we got into the paddock, we were guided to park in a field which was hilly too so not suitable.

It appears well organised so probably worth contacting them before you visit and see what arrangements they have?

If we end up displaying again on the day you go no problem.

Some other guys with more experience of the place will chime in I hope.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Hi Dave, can you update the following meet please as the date has now been set..

5th June - Midlands AMG PL Breakfast Meet JUNE - (AMG PL member's link here)

thanks,
Angelo

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Hi Dave, can you update the following meet please as the date has now been set..

thanks,
Angelo
Hi Angelo,

I would love to come to this one also. But it is on the day I get back off holiday. Depending on tiredness, times and which ferry port I come back into. We could actually come by. If we are able to come I will let you know on here and the AMG PL.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

thanks,
Angelo
Done - and also updated the title of your thread here to show the confirmed date too. :tu:

·
883 Posts
I am in the process of booking on the first SLK Day, which I've mentioned in the other thread.
I can't find one for Soft Top Sunday, just wondering if anyone is going?
I will try and register my car, if it doesn't get in. I'll go anyway. Sent some emails to Goodwood and it's free entry, plus definitely get in. We are looking to stay at the Goodwood hotel.

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am in the process of booking on the first SLK Day, which I've mentioned in the other thread.
I can't find one for Soft Top Sunday, just wondering if anyone is going?
I will try and register my car, if it doesn't get in. I'll go anyway. Sent some emails to Goodwood and it's free entry, plus definitely get in. We are looking to stay at the Goodwood hotel.
Phil, I don't think we have a thread for any of this year's Goodwood breakfast meets. I don't think I can make Soft Top Sunday, so I didn't try requesting a pass, although I think @Col did but I think he got an email this week saying he hadn't been successful... I'm sure he'll update here to confirm either way once he sees this...

·
883 Posts
I have entered my car for registration, so will see what they say. We have booked to stay in the Goodwood Hotel on Friday 29th April, a local B&B for Saturday 30th April (Due to the Goodwood Hotel fully booked on the Saturday) and then the Soft-Top Sunday event on the 1st May.
So even if my car doesn't get in, we will still be going to the event itself.

If anyone else is going let me know.

Cheers :D

·
883 Posts
I managed to get into Goodwood on the track, with some help :wink:
All I can say is, the Goodwood experience from the Hotel, The House and The Circuit. Absolutely brilliant and we can't wait to go back. It will definitely be a yearly event for us :grin:

Next one to look forward to for us is -

SLK Day Brooklands & The Lake District :D

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Just added a breakfast meet for THIS WEEKEND: Nottingham Car Cafe - THIS SATURDAY 7 May 2016!

Damn....Pete's off this weekend, but we're at Wallingford Vehicle Rally and Parade with the Bears on Sunday doing Dream Rides, so we'll be busy on Saturday picking up our magnetic signs for the car and visiting my Mum, before heading off to our Travelodge for the night.

Sorry, have a good day anyone who goes! Weather is going to be GLORIOUS!!!!

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Damn....Pete's off this weekend, but we're at Wallingford Vehicle Rally and Parade with the Bears on Sunday doing Dream Rides, so we'll be busy on Saturday picking up our magnetic signs for the car and visiting my Mum, before heading off to our Travelodge for the night.

Sorry, have a good day anyone who goes! Weather is going to be GLORIOUS!!!!
Thanks Lissa, sorry you can't make it... very much a last-minute decision, given the weather we've been having this week! Hope you both have a great day on Sunday too! :tu:

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Archived Events

I ran out of space (number of characters) in the first post, so decided to move the "Archived Events" out to a separate post, here...

Archived meets/events (i.e. those that have already happened):

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
A bit of a bump, and also to remind people that we have a very busy meet calendar in the UK throughout June, with at least 1 meet planned for every weekend in June!

Also, there are deadlines for registering for some of the more formal events, as follows:
Wings and Wheels Day Sunday 19th June - register by 31 May.
MB Club SLK Day at MB World, Brooklands (meeting is open to MB Club members, and non-members, at different entry fee rates - registration deadline is 1 June 2016).

I won't be at all of the June events myself, but I'll be at several of them, so I hope to see some of you there too! :tu:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts