Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy I remember my 1st car was cheaper than some of the Option Packages on the new MB. Back in the Days you could buy a nice clean W114/115 all day long for $ 1500.00 and if the Seller was in a good mood you got a set of winter tires as little gift.:smile:

ENTRY-LEVEL SEDAN DOES ITS BEST TO LIVE UP TO THE BRAND’S REPUTATION

EDITOR WES RAYNAL: I like the CLA250 -- it’s stylish and near proportionally perfect to my eye. It’s well equipped and has a nice cabin worthy of a more expensive car (though the back-seat room is tight). The chassis feels sure-footed, and since this is all-wheel drive there’s grip aplenty. Like other CLAs I’ve driven, there’s a weird sensation, a lag, when you shift the car into gear. Put the car in drive and nothing happens until you give it some throttle, then the car can jerk forward. Like I said, weird, even though the more time I spent behind the wheel the smoother and more practiced I got at launching.

I don’t know if it’s the transmission or the turbo-four causing the above mentioned. Maybe it’s both. Once underway everything’s fine: plenty of power and this is one hell of a flexible four-cylinder (it’s also noisy at idle). The car has a light-on-its-feet feeling. It’s agile. The ride is firm(ish), but potholes didn’t seem to upset things. As I said, the grip is high, which allows slicing through corners quickly -- there’s little body roll.

2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic review notes: premium, luxury or neither? | Autoweek

1 - 1 of 1 Posts