Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year when I was buying my AMG, there were several of us in the same situation where we'd ordered our cars without having any idea of what the pricing might be - the predicted price increase was anywhere from 'no increase' to $2,500 US or even more. In order to give me an idea of what to expect, I created a chart that tracked the previous year's pricing and drew a trend line to the 2013 model year. Based on that, I expected a price increase of $500 US (from $67,500 in 2012 to $68,000 in 2013) - the actual increase for the 2013 model was $490 US ($67,990 MSRP):bannana:. I've gone ahead and extended the line to 2014 and come up with a base price of ~$68,525. Based on that, I predict the MSRP for the 2014 to be right around $68,500. I think I got the actual price for my 2013 on 13 July last year, so I would think those who have one on order should be receiving their invoice pricing pretty soon as well. I'll be interested in seeing how close I am on this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
what are you ordering to get to 99k ?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I have a tricked out 2013 350 but want to trade to get the 2014 55, I truly love the car, and want the sound and speed of the 55. Any thoughts ? I think this is going to cost me some $$$$ to do it. I wonder if its worth it?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
That's a place-holder/dummy price until the final pricing is released from MB. It doesn't mean you are paying 100 grand for the car.

what are you ordering to get to 99k ?

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floored

$169,685.39
SLK 55 AMG Base price.
In Western Australia as of today - Options NOT included.
Cobra8272,
I thought that price you quoted was a typo at first, then I thought aaahh - the exchange rate must be pretty low......but noooooo (AU$1.00 = US$0.91152). That AU$169,685 translates to US$154,672 and that also includes a $20,000 'Luxury Car Tax'. The 'Base' cost is US$121,154. That just blows me away!! I mean, that drive away price is almost exactly double what we pay over here WITH many options included!! I think that's pretty harsh!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a place-holder/dummy price until the final pricing is released from MB. It doesn't mean you are paying 100 grand for the car.
Correct, they don't know the price so they just code it in at 99999. However, they apparently do know the cost of the options. So my car will cost the order price (which is something like 119,000) minus the 99999 plus the base price for the 2014 whenever they establish that number. I put about every option on it that I could plus Designo paint, interior and trim.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Ok, i went to the dealer today and ordered a 2014 AMG 55 , the price is $68,925 base

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Cobra8272,
I thought that price you quoted was a typo at first, then I thought aaahh - the exchange rate must be pretty low......but noooooo (AU$1.00 = US$0.91152). That AU$169,685 translates to US$154,672 and that also includes a $20,000 'Luxury Car Tax'. The 'Base' cost is US$121,154. That just blows me away!! I mean, that drive away price is almost exactly double what we pay over here WITH many options included!! I think that's pretty harsh!
Blows you away, checked the prices for cars is Singapore, a Honda Civic is like $150,000 USD. It is the most expensive place to buy cars. The gov't there discourage owning cars and tax the hell out of it.

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, i went to the dealer today and ordered a 2014 AMG 55 , the price is $68,925 base
Looks like royalpar1 has broken the suspense for us and the actual base price is ~$400 more than I predicted. Maybe this means the economy is getting better? Or maybe the base model changes added a bit more to the cost? Good luck to all those who are waiting for their cars! Hopefully you'll get them about 2 months after you order them. (I've also updated the chart if anyone is interested).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Wish I was in USA and i'd be driving a new fully optioned 55 AMG !

As it is i hope to buy a 7 year old one next year with under 60,000Km for around $60,000-00 !!!!

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
We have it better here than many of my fellow Americans would lead you to believe. Or, perhaps they carry on about high taxes to insure that things never get as out of hand as the car price examples that you have revealed in the great land of Oz.

I for one, would like to personally invite Cobra to move on over. We could use you tax revenue and you could afford to drive what you want! Plus, the ladies will go wild over your accent and if you ever get a little home sick most metropolitan zoos have a display of Koalas and Kangaroos to make you feel right at home! :D

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Part of the price increase is that the panorama roof is standard :)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Why do I not have a thanks button ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took delivery of my ordered SLK 55 AMG a few months ago in Houston, Tx. During the process I had to sign a paper stating I would not attempt to sell the new car in several countries where the price is very high. This restriction was for 1 year from date of purchase. I found that unusual, until now!
Regards

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
You can all go on MBUSA.com and configure the 2014 SLK 55, with the Official Mercedes Pricing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts