Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Kansas

Great to read about your initial experiences with your SLK 55 AMG. I am especially interested as I plan to pick up an Iridium silver one in Germany next summer.
Continue to enjoy and keep us posted about future observations.

1000 miles in on mine, and the engine note is still spine tingling, I thought taking a Honda S2000 up to 9000rpm would take some beating but the SLK beats it standing still. The neighbours say it rattles their windows......enjoy.

RR

sounds a lot like mine minus the carbon trim-I've got Al trim..I didnt order it, bought it already finished, brand new from a dealer in Virginia, had it shipped to Texas...these are great fun, and certainly capable of performance beyond my skills...

It's funny you should mention the SL63. I considered trading my '13 SLK55 for a '13 SL63 a few weeks ago, but after driving one changed my mind. The new SL is much improved in many ways, but it looks bland on the outside and despite lightening the car quite a bit it still feels big and heavy. I'll be keeping the SLK. Now just need some mods...if I could find any.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.