Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 slk55 help needed

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SLK55Girl 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So, I went down a slippery slope in regards to modifying my car and I've run into trouble. My husband drives a C63 and I have always envied his growl. I was at an AMG meet and was discussing my feelings with other owners who simply stated "just remove the resonator with an x-pipe" so I did. It worked great, the sound was just what I was looking for. Until last week when I was accelerating onto the highway and my car hit 5k rpms and just stopped accelerating. It works fine until 5k rpms and then hits a wall. I took it to a mercedes tech who I trust and they told me the exhaust shop damaged my valves in the muffler causing them to stick and throwing the car into limp mode. The shop then tried to repair the "flaps" to no avail. Now their telling me it will cost $5,000 to replace these parts:td: Any ideas? The exhaust shop that did the damage offered to try and fix the problem, but I just don't trust them.

#2 ·
Can they just replace the mufflers?

#3 ·
I've got a 2013 SLK 55 and it had a problem with one of the exhaust flaps a couple of months ago (didn't know what was wrong until MB diagnosed it). When it went into limp mode, it wouldn't go past 10 mph nor leave 2nd gear. MB replaced the flap and it runs like a scalded cat now. I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt yours is in true limp mode if you can get 5k rpm out of the engine. Hopefully it can be put right fairly easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.