Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!! I am so excited to tell everyone that I got the new SLK55 AMG! It is a remarkable car. There were none available in the Midwest so I ended up picking up the closest one (which was in Maryland) and I drove it home last Friday. I have already put on 800 miles! This car is in a different league from the old AMG. I used to feel that the old SLK was Mercedes' way of telling you that you should have spent a bit more money and gotten an SL, where every material is a tad nicer. However, this new SLK is truly a shrunken SL63. I checked out both cars and this won hands-down! I hope these pictures will upload, but if they don't I'll have to see what's wrong.

Thanks for all of the help!

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
Congrats! and as I always say...Black is beautiful!!! it is black, right?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Congratulations...very nice:tu:.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Beautiful car. What does it say on the fender badge? "V8 something", not Kompressor, right? I thought it was naturally aspirated?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great comments! And yes, the side just says "V8 ///AMG" and it is indeed also black/black. The car is incredible-I hope I get to see some of you guys on the road in the Detroit-area this summer!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Hey, bring the car out to the West Coast and join us on a ride to Yosemite!

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Beautiful car! Enjoy it in good health.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations! Only the second 2012 SLK 55 here? Hope to see plenty more. I saw a black 2012 SLK 350 at the local MB dealer yesterday. Looked gooooooood!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 172 is growing on me. Especially the cup holders. The ones in my '09 can barely be considered cup holders. Your car is beautiful!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be completely honest, I was originally not the biggest fan of the R172. However, after spending a few days with it in person, it feels better than the R171 in both cosmetics and functionality. And by the way, if anyone has any questions about the car, let me know (if I might be able to help)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.