Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce that the 2012 SLK Calendar is now available! Many thanks to everyone who submitted pictures.

I received over 150 pictures from over 40 individual forum members. Ultimately I had to select just 13 images (12 months + cover) based on getting a mix of all the body styles, seasonally appropriate backgrounds, the right aspect ratio etc etc. Some last minute adjustments had to be made when I saw the 2010 calendar and some images that I had picked were on that one. Yikes! :D.

I hope you enjoy the final selection that was made. I want to thank forum member phxartboy for doing the logo work and retouching of some of the images. Another person that worked on retouching is my personal friend Geoff who is not on this forum.

Direct link for buying the calendar:
http://www.zazzle.com/2012_slkworld_calendar-158658938488241252

Previews:

Attachments

·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, use coupon code "SAVEONZAZZLE" when checking out for a 10% discount. If you find out about other discount codes, please post them here.

EDIT: Apparently there's also the code "GIFT4THEYEAR" which gives 50% off of 2+ calendar orders. I am not sure how this one works since I didn't notice it until after I already did my order. Anyways, give it a try at check-out.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for taking on this task Durk, 2 calendars ordered (the 50% discount worked, thank you).

Pleased to see I've made it onto 2 calendars now. Have to start looking for more photo opportunities now. Same place for both of the calendar pics-different seasons.

·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think the August image was changed to the burgundy slk with the top down by the lake.

I was happy to help Durk.

:Beer:
Yeah, that was one of the two that I had to change last-minute. When I published the calendar tonight just before posting, zazzle gave me a recommendation for other items I might also be interested in. So it showed me a 2010 SLKWorld calendar that I didn't even know existed. I look through it and right there at August is the same image I had for August as well :). D'OH! There was another image that I also had to switch out for the same reason.

EDIT: Just to be clear, since upon re-reading this myself, I can see why there might be some confusion here. I had the burgundy SLK by the lake for August in the version that phxartboy worked on. That image then showed up in the 2010 calendar. The August image that's shown in the previews above is the actual image that will be printed on the calendar.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
The calendar looks great. Just ordered two. The %50 discount works but must be entered on the page before they ask for credit card info, must also be all caps.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Great job! Thanks for all the effort! One for Wifey and one for me.

Here's a tip......I cut the perforated top off past months with a paper cutter and use the images to wallpaper my garage.......man it looks cool!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,368 Posts
Awesome job :tu:
It's also cool that my car was selected for June which is the month I took delivery of car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Durk, I just received my calendar. On a paper it looks even better :)
Print quality was also perfect! Thank you organizing this!

·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Durk, I just received my calendar. On a paper it looks even better :)
Print quality was also perfect! Thank you organizing this!
That's cool, Ruben. I ordered my own before I even posted the availability of the calendar on the forum, but I haven't gotten anything yet!!

Glad you like it, and also glad it turned out good.

I ordered an interim version after about a week of receiving pictures so I could get a feel for the quality. People that went on the SoCal Death Valley trip got a chance to see it a few weeks ago.

I didn't have time to get a sample of the finished product, so glad to hear the quality is good.

U

·
0 Posts
Mega happy!!

Hi all.

I'm delighted to see my car made it into the calendar for August!

Thanks,

Col. :bannana:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.