Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I haven't posted in a long period due to work priorities and moving to our new house right on top off the Eurodelivery of the R172 we did in late Sept-to Oct., but now I have to admit I had an amazing opportunity. I was contacted by a German TV program about getting an opinion of the new SLK AMG. On November 19th, I and a good friend from our No. CA SLK enthusiasts group met these German TV folks in Carmel Valley to review and ...YES... drive the SLK AMG....Awesome!!!

I love the new R172 SLK350 I drove through Germany in September and drive here now. this AMG SLK is also awesome...and the power; this was a European 422HP one. The only thing I did not like, and it may just be getting used to it, was the engine switching off 4 cylinders for economy; it caused some hesitation in getting out after a stop.

The segment will be on the weekly German VOX network show "auto mobile" in January and I will get a DVD of it and some out-takes thereafter.

Anyway, I have attached some eye-candy from that day...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!! Interesting you noticed the 4<>8 switch - MB swears it happens so fast you can't notice it....
It was most apparent when my friend was driving and stopped to get on a main road...trying to get out into traffic had a slight hesitation in the acceleration. Maybe it was just a glitch, but it seemed a bit more....:confused:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Very nice :tu:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our 11/16/11 filming for the German show "auto mobil" aired last night on German television. You can watch the streaming 1/15/12 show at this link:

http://www.voxnow.de/auto-mobil.php?player=1&play_now=1

Unfortunately, it is in German, dubbed over our conversation in English; our portion being from about minute 7 to 11 during the hour long show.

Enjoy!:rb

If they later post the segment by itself, I will post a link. :tu:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our 11/16/11 filming for the German show "auto mobil" aired last night on German television. You can watch the streaming 1/15/12 show at this link:

http://www.voxnow.de/auto-mobil.php?player=1&play_now=1

Unfortunately, it is in German, dubbed over our conversation in English; our portion being from about minute 7 to 11 during the hour long show.

Enjoy!:rb

If they later post the segment by itself, I will post a link. :tu:
:burnout:
The segment is now available as a single video (although still in German).

Go to this address:
http://www.vox.de/cms/sendungen/auto-mobil/auto-mobil-videos.html

Then click on the video titled "Der neue Mercedes SLK 55 AMG"

:tu:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish the fuel-economy thing had a switch. I would hate the car switching off 4 cylinders at lights, especially if it really is noticeable. I think I'd take slightly worse fuel economy to know that I had the whole engine at my disposal immediately. Otherwise a very cool car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I wish the fuel-economy thing had a switch. I would hate the car switching off 4 cylinders at lights, especially if it really is noticeable. I think I'd take slightly worse fuel economy to know that I had the whole engine at my disposal immediately. Otherwise a very cool car.

It does.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.