Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I am from CT - just recently acquired a slk 250 AMG (2013).

Got it in JHb - was priced a lot less than in CT for the same model & they also offered me a much better trade-in value than anywhere in CT.

I am really loving it - especially with the top down on the weekends!

Chat soon.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi I am from Sea Point. I have been a member of slkworld for three years. I bought a second hand 2006 slk 200 three years ago with 94000 on the clock. I leaned a lot here, to do my own services and
repairs. If it was not for this website I don't think I would have had the know how to do the repairs I have already done. You can go to my profile and see every thing I have done to my car.
There is so much to learn about our cars, how they work it's overwellming at times but fun and scary also. A mistake can cost you lots. One just has to be patient and understand all it entails before you take on the job at hand.
Just fixed the oxygen sensor and the cam magnets that were leaking oil, and added the oil leak proof adapters for preventative measures.
The only thing that is concerning me know is the timing chain, it rattles for about two seconds in the morning when I cold start it. The problem is there is a design fault with most of these models the oil pressure is is not there when the car is cold. I have read here that even when owners change the timing chain the rattle comes back later.
This is for the R171 models engine 271.
Do you guys have the same problem?
Nice meeting you.
Beppi.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Beppi -

Sorry for late reply - still trying to find my way around this site! I bought a black 2009 model (2Look). Just 1000kms on the clock, full service history. I replaced the rear discs and pads DIY last week and the cam magnets seals today - just to be sure. All fine! R199.000k

Dave

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi Beppi -

Sorry for late reply - still trying to find my way around this site! I bought a black 2009 model (2Look). Just 1000kms on the clock, full service history. I replaced the rear discs and pads DIY last week and the cam magnets seals today - just to be sure. All fine! R199.000k

Dave
Hi Dave, nice to hear you bought that car. You do mean 100,000 KMS and not 1000kms, if you changed the discs then it can't be 1000kms. Was the cam magnet leaking between the cam cover and the cam magnet for the reason you only changed the seals? Normally the leak is behind the connector, and changing the seal will not help if the connector is leaking oil.
How is your timing chain acting, is there a 2 second rattle on cold startups? Good price for a 2009. Are you on What's app?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts