Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's time I guess. Mrs W's SLK 250 has to be put up for sale :crying: It's not all bad news though, hopefully the replacement will be a C-class coupe (I need to work on that!) and I've still got the 55 :grin:

So what to say?

Details:

250D 'AMG sport'
33,000 miles
Tenorite (grey)
Red Leather interior
Heated seats
Airscarf
Climate control
Magic sky (What is Mercedes-Benz Magic Sky Control?)
COMAND (7" screen, satnav, 6 cd player, sd card slot, bluetooth)

We are the second owners and it is just a great little car, reasonable performance with great fuel economy and above all comfortable (it was lovely driving to Austria in it last year). Everything just works as it should.

This is a well spec'd SLK with the 'magic sky' addition itself costing over £2,000 when new. Now I know many will be asking "what's the point in 'magic sky'? I have a convertible" the answer is quite simple - this is England it rains! Having a clear roof is a lovely little touch, having it go tinted at the touch of a button means that you don't get a sauna interior if leaving the roof shut in the summer!!!

Photos will follow at the weekend.

Price-wise we'd be looking £14,500

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,638 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well THAT was an interesting visit :(

turns out that a px will hurt since:

3 new tyres needed (not quite at legal limit but MB can't sell with that amount of tread)... so realistically it'll be 4 new tyres.
wheel referb (ideally) needed. No real road rash just a little corrosion but again if you're selling as A1 (which MB will do) it needs to be A1.
MoT due end of July (so not really a problem)
B9 service due at some point (not too soon but soon enough that it could be a factor)

All that being said... by the time (and time being an important word I guess) I pay for all that I'd still be looking at a good differential between what I'd get private and px BUT (and you knew that there had to be one) there is a lot to be said for not having to worry about waiting for prospective buyers to turn up, and dicker with you.

I'm off to look at another one tomorrow and get another px quote so I may re-evaluate then but at this point (having been brutally honest) I'd say I'd take £12,500 as is. This allows for quality tyres and a refurb or mid range tyres and live with slightly less than perfect alloys; it allows for a B service which could be cheap (relatively) could be spiteful, could be done by yourself if you know one end of a spanner from a hammer.

·
Super Moderator
24,919 Posts
OK - now that went slightly differently to how it was meant to.

Next dealer stumped up what I wanted and new car arrives in 3 weeks....

Buying, or selling your experience is showing that shopping around pays.

Hope she likes the new motor when it arrives, but wonder if she'll be borrowing yours on sunny days.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buying, or selling your experience is showing that shopping around pays.

Hope she likes the new motor when it arrives, but wonder if she'll be borrowing yours on sunny days.

well seeing as hers will have a panoramic roof I suspect that the answer will be 'not really'. :surprise:

In all seriousness though we went in expecting to look at a 14/15 C-coupe and ended up walking out with a new C-coupe (200 4-matic, premium package AMG line. Pics when it arrives in 3 weeks). Really not quite sure how we managed that but but it does look like a lovely bit of kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.