Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same noise on my SLK when I went over 100 mph. Then it dawned on me: it was my passenger!!

<devilish grin>

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a whistle from the RHS wing mirror, but on a 1999 SLK230. Have tried putting some black foam between the mirror and the casing, but hasn't seemed to work. The whistling stops when I put my hand over the area though. Is a RHD so drives me a little crazy with the top down but I get used to it. Would be much nicer without though! Passengers can't hear it, I think the foam made it a bit better.

D

·
0 Posts
Your car could have been clipped, I've seen it before where the mirror has been knocked and the housing becomes loose, vibrating at speed and causing the noise.

·
Registered
450 Posts
When I first got my car, the mirror was loose, but it just clipped back into place and the electronics work fine. I thought the loose mirror was what was causing the whistle, but it continued after.
Mine is whistling, not rattling. There seems to be a large gap between the mirror and the housing on the car side of the mirror, that is why I tried putting some foam in there to close up the gap a bit. I think it may have helped a little, but it might just be wishful thinking...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts